The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 sp gurus need some small help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

5 sp gurus need some small help

ok, i want to bleed my clutch, because the fluid is really dirty. also please let me know what fluid i need to replace the old one with?

ok my question is:

i have the BF goodritch ss stealbraded line connected to my slave cylinder. what do i have to do to bleed the clutch? do i just disconnect the line from the slave cylinder and let the fluid run out??? Basically i just want to change the fluid????.

Please let me know asap.

jake
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Its the same way you bleed your brakes dude.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

don't disconnect the cable.

there is a bleeder valve on the slave cylinder. have sombody press the pedal and bleed it slowly

as for fluid i have no clue

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

phizz2k
    If you want to change the fluid you could un screw the ss line and let the fluid out or if you want to just bleed the line then you can open the bleeder valve located on the slave cylinder after a friends steps on the clutch pedal repeatidly.

I used brake fluid to refill the mastercylinder...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    This is the CORRECT way to bleed the clutch. You will need a few bottles of Dot 3 brake fluid. Unless you get a speed bleeder for the slave cylinder, then you NEED 2 people in order to bleed the clutch.

1) One person sit under the car and put an open end wrench on the bleeder valve, then clamp a hose on the bleeder valve and run it into a bottle that has some fluid in it already(just so the end of the hose is submerged).

2) Have the second person push the pedal 2-3 times and hold the pedal down.

3) The person under the car will open the valve and close it when fluid stops coming out.

4) The person in the driver seat can let go of the pedal and push it two or three more times and hold it down the third time.

5) Again the person under the car opens the valve, waits for the fluid to stop coming out, then closes it again.

6) Repeat 50 billion times untill air bubbles stop getting pushed into the bottle.

You will want to refill the master cylinder every time you open/close the bleeder valve as if the fluid runs out in the master, you have to start over as air will get sucked in. The other way would be to buy a speed bleeder valve at AutoZone for $5.99 and just open the valve, attach the hose and bottle, then just pump the pedal, refill the master cylinder, pump the resevoir, refill ect. No need to open/close the bleeder valve after each pump.
    7g for life!

Good write up seth. I really didn't use that much fluid when I changed mine, I just took an empty soda bottle and poured in like a 1/4 inch at the bottom(enough to cover the hose) and then used the rest to fill up the clutch line. I probably used up half a bottle at most.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you can use DOT4 instead of 3, which has a higher boiling point, but any dot3 brake fluid will do. do not disconnect the clutch line, i dont know who the hell suggested that, and it's not BF goodrich LOL it's goodridge
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd