The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: alumi pro

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

alumi pro

i tried this today - it is braze for aluminum as im gonna fab some piping and it will penetrate and weld pretty good.. for any of u trying to do ur ic piping -- this will hold up fine with aluminum pipes.. ill try to post my first weld... hit it with a hammer and still holding..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

alumi pro

i used this yesterday and it works great.. if u get good penetration which is hard for a newbie like me it holds very very strong. I welded two brackets and it held for hammer abuse and bent.. i did another intercooler bracket this time and i got some decent but not the best penetration and it held very well.. i was however able to break it by slamming it with a hammer a number of times very hard. I did some steel pipes and didnt get any penetration but i didnt try hard on them.. it held the steel but broke very easy. On aluminum it will hold ic piping as long as u can get penetration which was not hard on stock evo 8 pipes.. this is good for the diy'ers out there.. all u need is a good hand torch and the package alumi-pro which has like 15 rods about 8 or so inches long...
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Do you have any pics of the pipes you did? Im interested to see the finished product, im wondering if the weld can be polished and actually hold the polish like a regular aluminum pipe. This might also be a good kit if your trying to repair a stripped out hole on an aluminum part. You could just fill it with weld and then drill and re-tap it.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

So you did all this without a welder at all just a torch?

pics

ill post some pics tonight when i get home.. Keep in mind this is my first attempts -- This seems to be able to be drilled and tapped and is used to repair propellers, weld brackets, and it even has engine uses... I post a pic of the label too.. Ive seen some of the same type of product used to retap blocks and fix threads and such.. They are more expensive i believe... Yea all u need is a torch and wirebrush to clean the aluminum good... U can sand, polish or paint over this

any updates?

alumi

i used this to bead some piping and it was ok its holding so far.. I tried to weld but i suck and burnt through some aluminum haha.. i dont have a camera but im trying to find one to take a pic..

have years of experience in welding, including aluminum, steel, stainless, etc. so if anyone has ANY questions please i would be very happen to answer them. by the way when welding to pipes together, u should bevel both sides (grind the edges to make like a "v" grove) and mig weld with alot of heat. this would be the most adiquate penetration. and if u want to get real technical, try purging some argon into the inside of the pipe before u weld, it will cause the inside to melt flush with the pipe so u dont get burs on the inside resulting in smooth walls.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

pro

alright i got some pics.. its decent when beveled it as u suggested now it holds nice and good... thanks ...

heres some of the photos but its from a cam fone so bear with me... it bonded pretty hard .... i have been using this to bead my piping and so far so good..

bump

does anyone know the max temperature on this stuff? i'm very interested.

the aluminum pipe should should be good up to 1100 degrees. as far as the bead goes, that depends on what rod u used and how much u used. but i wouldnt worry about it melting or anything. as long as its not touching the turbo while under full boost lol
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

temp

i believe over or around 800 f for the rods or braze -- aluminum is around what he said.. so far no issues ... i only used it to bead but it works well.. If ur decent enought u can weld ur piping very easily with it..