The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Want to run 3Kgt VR4 front calipers heres how.....

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Want to run 3Kgt VR4 front calipers heres how.....

My boy Mike Ennis a 4g makes them..These will fit 3kgt 2 and 4 pistons fronts .. I havent asked about the rears yet..Mike has these installed on his GVR4 with 3kgt 2 piston fronts. Im installing mine with 3kgt 4 piston fronts(7g) and Njfudge is going to be a tester for the G35 Brembo fronts(8g)!!There made out of high strength steel and will come with the brackets and bolts needed for installation(wierd thread pitch)..However they wont be for sale until i get my calipers and do a tutorial w/ pics on installation ,then they will be on the FOR SALE section..The prices are undisclosed for now but im sure everyone will be able to afford them..These will fit 6,7,8,and 9th generation Galants..Let me know what you guys think and if you interested!!
    Heres a pic of Mikes GVR4 some of you prabaly seen it a Nopi last year here in Atlanta.

what are you going to do about the offset issue?

your wheels are going to stick out big time.
    unless you run audi a6 rotors.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Im not worried about the backspacing on my wheels,cause i have plenty of room for big calipers behind my wheels..Rotors are not a problem either there about 12 or more options you can go with.. But me i will be using either Rotoras 12.5 up front and 10.5 rears or AEM rotors..

How thick is that steel bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by 01blackG
    How thick is that steel bracket?
    I havent measured the thicknest yet but its thick!!

On my 7g Galant i plan on running with the same ebay rotors that Mike has on his ride I think there like 12.5 or 12.8 inches so a 17 inch wheel is prolly the smallest wheel you can go with!!Pretty much all the Ebay stores sell the same stuff.. Heres the deal all the 1,2g T/E/L and the 3g Eclipse,8g and 9g Galants you have to used 94-99 3Kgt TT rotors and 91-93 3Kgt TT(4 piston) calipers for these brackets to work!!The 6th and 7th Generation Galants of course will have to do the 5 lug conversion..

does sombody sell these yet?

yah i was waiting on these too i have the calipers i just havent put much thought into installing them
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

the eclipse has been out for almost 18 years now... in different forms.....

and out of the thousands and thousands of eclipse tuners..... over a couple of seriously moddable versions..... countless do it yourselfers from shadetree mechanics... to engineers..... and a couple hundred aftermarket manufacturers... and vendors.....

no one has a bracket or kit that will allow you to bolt 3kgtvr4 brakes and rotors to a 2g or 1g or 7g or 8g or 3g........ or 6g.

the only guy that even came close won't make kits cause of the complete pain in the ass.

just run evo brembos......... they are better anyways.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice keep us updated i am looking into doing something to my brakes soon wouldnt mind the 4 pot :twisted:

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    The 6gVR-4 posted above is running 3kgtvr4 4 piston front calipers using this bracket; I saw it myself this year at NOPI. This just went on the back burner after starting the 6 bolt swap swap into B19WHEELS 7g and working 2 jobs. To tell the truth I had forgot about this till someone bumped this post. I will get back on it.

Here is a pic of the 6gVR4 with the 3kgtvr4 4 piston front calipers on using the bracket:

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

haha yea i was looking for help choosing tires and found this thread, but now that i think about it i think sombody said the rotors on the 3kgt were inside or outside or in a different place that they are on in a galant, so it wont really work.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    haha yea i was looking for help choosing tires and found this thread, but now that i think about it i think sombody said the rotors on the 3kgt were inside or outside or in a different place that they are on in a galant, so it wont really work.
    It is not the rotor it is how the calipers mount that is why you need the bracket. On the 3kgtvr4 the threads are on the hub not the caliper. On the Galant the threads are on the caliper not the hub. So if you try to put 3kgtvr4 calipers on a Galant you have nothing to thread the bolt into that is where the bracket comes in.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Quote Originally Posted by njjfudge
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    It is not the rotor it is how the calipers mount that is why you need the bracket. On the 3kgtvr4 the threads are on the hub not the caliper. On the Galant the threads are on the caliper not the hub. So if you try to put 3kgtvr4 calipers on a Galant you have nothing to thread the bolt into that is where the bracket comes in.
    oh okay, thanks for the clarification i get confused easy, lol
    so you think it is possible to do? cause it would be a lot cheaper and more unique than the evo calipers everyone has.

For the offset, all you would need is a 35mm or 40mm wheel spacer. Had to do it when I had my brembo brakes installed.

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol