The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BOOOOOST

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

BOOOOOST

ok, im getting ready for my 7g to be boosted....finally. ive been waiting for 2 years to do it, and its almost done, just got to finish up some welding and a little installation left to do. for a engine that has stock internals, im only boosting it 7 pounds. i upgraded the fuel pump, fpr, injectors, spark plugs, and im gettin a maf translator pretty soon. my question is what internal work needs to be done to run about 15 pounds of boost SAFELY. whatever advice you have is greatly appreciated. thanks
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Experienced TGC Member
    To my knowledge Sleepervr-4 is running 12 lbs on a stock engine..... I once read that its all in your tune. If you have a crap tune then dont shoot for high numbers but if you tune correctly then you can get a higher PSI safely. As for tuning.. dont ask me.................. WAYYYYYYYYYYYY out of my league.

Experienced TGC Member
    Was running 10 pounds on stock engine and 142k on the clock and 4-g rim was running that much as well. For 15 psi I say its better to aleast have arp, pistons and mlhg. Even though there was this one guy running about 18 psi on a stock engine but he probably had a glory tune on c16. What is your power goal?
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

well im planning once i get some money saved up to build up the internals like pistons, valve, rods, cams, etc. but also i was lookin around and i can get an old engine from a 95 galant (4g64) thats been totaled for $300. the engine runs fine so i was thinkin i could buy the engine, set it in my garage and build it up like crazy and then when its done, switch over the turbo setup to that motor and drop it in my car. that way i could build up a motor on the side and still have a daily driver as long as i need too. (plus i could have fun and purposely blow the old motor when i dont need it anymore. lol)
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Experienced TGC Member
    Trust me a 5 speed + lsd / turboed na galant motor with a good tune is faster than you think. If you want to go into the motor it is all good but put aside money for a good suspenson if you do. btw went up to 12 with the na motor like shadow stated but didn't want to blow anything so took it back down to 10.

after i upgrade my transmission, i want like 400hp at the crank or more. i have all the time in the world and the heart to push my limits. money isnt an object either really. i make good money and since im only 17, i dont have much bills.

ok, im stayin at 7 pounds with stock motor to be really safe because i dont want anything going wrong and have to spend my money on fixing things. as far as my suspension goes, im all good there. my entire front suspension is brand new. that means everything. i got into an accident a while back (not my fault) and got a big insurance check. i had enough to paint my whole car electric blue pearl and redo my whole front suspension. pretty sweet.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I was running 10psi of boost for almost a year w/o no problems at all. Maybe the last 4 months before I started tearing down the 7g for the new setup...I was running 12psi.

Like what SleeperVR4 said...a stock 4g64 with some boost is surprisingly responsive. If you want to stay low boost...say around 8psi, you should enjoy it, its better than NO psi.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

boost

i agree the 64 likes boost.. 10 psi here.. enough for a good race with factory turbo cars.. audies, golfs, eclipse and the likes.. I dont know the compression on the 7gs tho... either way it will be fun to drive and listen to
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

damn.. ur only 17.. wait till u get out.. bills will be ur buddy lol

goodluck with the boost man..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Experienced TGC Member

Re: boost

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    i agree the 64 likes boost.. 10 psi here.. enough for a good race with factory turbo cars.. audies, golfs, eclipse and the likes.. I dont know the compression on the 7gs tho... either way it will be fun to drive and listen to
    9.5.1 is 7g factory compression which = a fast spooling turbo when you factor in the 2.4l. Shit It's a job to keep it from spooling...lol.

ha

yea i love it except i get to the speed limit so quickly :( i forgot if the the 8g is 9 to 1 or 9.5 to 1.. i believe 9:1.

If money wasnt an issue i would honostly take it as far as it would go in the interest of science. IF it blows build it.. I think our motors can handle 15 psi with a standalone and tune..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Just go to a U Pull It and grab the engine it will save you a couple hundred. I know the one by me I could take the entire engine for about $85.

wow 85 bucks, i might just do that then after all ill be rebuilding the whole thing anyway

yeah thats the way to go, I could have pulled like 20 different 7 bolt 64's but I really want to try to build a 6 bolt instead. It sucks cuz they are pretty hard to find. The one yard I went to had 2 and the next time I went back they had already been stripped pretty clean. :evil: