The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: car dies when battery is disconnected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I understand the first rule... but the fat chicks... come on... ok, how about chubby?? Not obese.... just big in the right places???

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    )no fat chicks.
    Fat Girls need loven to :P

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGTZ01
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    no fat chicks.
    Fat Girls need loven to :P
    they are all yours, my friend. ALL YOURS.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    YEY!!! :D

Think I found something.

Looks like you can get a cigarette accessory connector and a 9 volt battery connector from Radio Shack or wherever. Connect them to a 9 volt battery. Jam that into the lighter socket and you'll be getting enough juice to save the radio code, clock, MFA and engine ECU memory. At least for a few minutes. Just make sure to keep the dome lights, radio, etc off or it'll suck all the juice real fast. And whatever you do, make sure it's been removed before you start the engine.

Should cover it until I can find something better that we can just buy.

EDIT - found another thing from Import Auto News...

"ECU Resets When Adding Performance Parts
    Thanks to Sergio P. (from friend passing along to him)

Here's an easy way for you to reprogram your computer when you add parts like headers, air intake, performance muffler, etc.

1. Look for your ECU fuse, which is usually located under the main fuse box under the hood.

2. Turn on your car until is at is normal temperature, then turn it off.

3. Take the ECU fuse out for about 5 minutes.

4. Put the fuse back and turn on your car without touching the gas pedal until it is at its normal idle then shut it down. You're ready to go and you'll get all the horsepower out of your performance parts!"

I think the important part here is not touching the gas until it's idling like it should at normal temp.

its good practice to disconnect the battery when working on the car. i mean there's the obvious stuff like working on electrical. but its also for safety issues. if you're like under the hood or something you wouldn't want like a kid to just jump in the car and start it, or your wife to accidentally try to drive the car away thinking you're done fixing it but in reality, you're just taking a long time in the bathroom trying to pass that piece of poop that just doesn't want to come out.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    its good practice to disconnect the battery when working on the car. i mean there's the obvious stuff like working on electrical. but its also for safety issues. if you're like under the hood or something you wouldn't want like a kid to just jump in the car and start it, or your wife to accidentally try to drive the car away thinking you're done fixing it but in reality, you're just taking a long time in the bathroom trying to pass that piece of poop that just doesn't want to come out.

anyways i found one of those memory savers with the 9v battery at advance auto...gonna give it a try and see what happens..
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

OMG they sell them at Advance Auto??? *storms off to get one*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12