The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oil cooler

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

oil cooler

i have a nice oil cooler that i neglected to hook up.. I want to install it very soon but i am unsure where to feed and drain it to? I have seen some people using oil filter sandwich adapters. Is this the best route?? If not what is the best route to install the cooler.. I will also try to get a new tranny cooler as mine was damaged and it was flakky looking anyway..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Experienced TGC Member
    You can use the evo oil cooler housing on your 8g motor. That is the best way to go about doing it.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

??

where would it connect to??
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Experienced TGC Member
    this is an external oil cooler oil filter housing from the evo
    http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...1942_151964205
    It bolts inplace of the pos mitsu one you have now

evo.

is that the one with the thermostat also??
    also do they sell that anywhere or i have to get one from a evo?? thanks for the info..

Experienced TGC Member
    www.machv.com sells them

Re: oil cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    I have seen some people using oil filter sandwich adapters. ..
    thats common

yup thats what i have, from greddy
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

hmm

no issues with the sandwich adapter ? because i was gonna get the greddy one also and just hook it there.. I am interested in the evo 8 oil filter housing but i think the adapter is easier and cheaper with the same results...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Dont half ass it. The EVO one from the dealer is about $90.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Dont half ass it. The EVO one from the dealer is about $90.
    yes i went with a factory external oil cooler housing and its the only way.

with the sandwich adaptor i had issues with downpipe clearance.
    not to mention the factory housingns put the lines right where you want it so you don't have a huge mess of plumbing to deal with.

and its made by the dealer and set to what mitsubishi thinks is thhe best engien oil operating temperature....
    and since mitsu makes nothign but straight bulletproof long lasting engines,
    i trust them more than some ebay crap or greddy(greddy is gettign a little rice if you ask me).

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I have a 99 V6 do I have an external one? All it does is keep the tranny oil cool right? Sorry if I sound like a noob

no were talking about just engine oil cooling not transmission..

ok ill go with that housing then.. do u have ne pics of the setup by any chance.. Also what size lines and fittings would i need to connect to the housing?? I know it will be 8an lines but any adapters or such?? Thanks for the info guys -- sleeper thanks for the site i didnt notice it before --

Experienced TGC Member
    no problem

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    no were talking about just engine oil cooling not transmission..

ok ill go with that housing then.. do u have ne pics of the setup by any chance.. Also what size lines and fittings would i need to connect to the housing?? I know it will be 8an lines but any adapters or such?? Thanks for the info guys -- sleeper thanks for the site i didnt notice it before --
    I am going to be away on business/vacation for until like 3/28, when I get back, I can get you the info if nobody else can. You need 2 male metric -8AN fittings to come off the housing. I cant quite remember the exact size, but the local performance shop had them in stock. You might be able to check on EVOM and get an answer faster since I wont be home for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

lines

sounds good. Thanks for the help all...