The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: front upper strut bar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 57 of 57
    but doesnt the v6 on the eclipse stick up the same ammount as the v6 on the galant?

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    but doesnt the v6 on the eclipse stick up the same ammount as the v6 on the galant?
    yes. that's why if the DC I4 bar does not fit the V6 3G, it won't fit the V6 8G either.

i got the megan one in the mail and it fits, i like it, i will post pictures of it later.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    i got the megan one in the mail and it fits, i like it, i will post pictures of it later.
    Does it indeed look like mine? Or did you get it from eBay?

i got it from ebay, i cant find the damn camera though...
    its not round.

Than it's not Megan (according to Megan). You just bought an unauthorized knock-off. :( Let us know how it holds up :)

haha i dont think its a knock off but ill tell you how it hold up.

if it is a knock off they must have put a lot of work into making it look real.

They promised me those weren't the ones for our car. If it IS made by them, than it's for a different make and or model and someone's figured out that they fit Galants. How much clearance do you have above the battery and plenum and such?

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    The welded one that gets me hot...

" The Carbing Tower Bar is a completely welded piece (no pivot points) with a 5mm thick base plate, which makes it truly functionally in reducing chassis flex.
    It is constructed of A6063S aluminum for superior rigidity and light weight.
    The built-in brake master cylinder stopper allows the driver increased brake pedal feel which gives the driver greater control.
    This two in one bar is not only fully functional but is also beautifully crafted."

http://www.tein.com/okuyama_STB.html Eclipse Spyder application.

EDIT - oh yeah. Tein told me that if anyone of us are planning on getting any Tein dampers with EDFC, this is the only bar they recommend us using with the EDFC. Apparently it's made to fit it perfectly. I'm sure 90% of the others discussed would work fine though.
    Wich aplication will fit on the 8G V6

Read the post. :P You quoted it. 3G Eclipse Spyder

yea it was probably made for a different car it just barely fits, its really tight.
    but it works, and it looks good.

8G_GTZ

Does Tein makes a strut bar for the 3G eclipse?And does it fit on the 8G v6?[/u]

Tein doesn't but Carbing does (same level of quality, distributed by Tein). It's listed for the V6 Eclipse Spyder but I've had a number of mechanics (including one at the dealership) tell me there's no reason it shouldn't fit ours. It's expensive though. $350

http://www.tein.com/okuyama_STB.html

I want one down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    Tein doesn't but Carbing does (same level of quality, distributed by Tein). It's listed for the V6 Eclipse Spyder but I've had a number of mechanics (including one at the dealership) tell me there's no reason it shouldn't fit ours. It's expensive though. $350

http://www.tein.com/okuyama_STB.html

I want one down the road.
    I really dont see much difference between this one and the stock 3G bar.

It's got a connection to the master brake cylinder which supposedly keeps the brakes from feeling all nasty after driving hard for awhile. Other than that I think it's just lighter, and the base plates are certified by Tein to not get in the way of EDFC wrenches.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123