The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Another victim of the cracked intake manifold!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24

Re: Another victim of the cracked intake manifold!!!

Stalling! Don't forget stalling! Can't really go anywhere with a cracked IM.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Go and get ahold of a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander one. Its a direct swap made of a good grade cast aluminum. The only thing with this swap is extending a few sensor wires thats it! I had to custom fab one up for my build.

Icon1

Quote Originally Posted by phatboyslim12 View Post
    hey, i am wondering what the symptoms of the cracked manifold would be???
    It depends how bad the crack is and where it is. My crack is right in the round crevice of the Intake Manifold just on the other side of the square mounting-mating surface with the Throttle Body -before it splits into 4 tubes going to the inlet ports. I could hear it, it was a thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or a hisssssssssssssssssssssss and it caused the motor to stumble and misfire like all hell. I had to gas it to keep it running at stops. What happens is that the engine idle goes so low it is stalling out which is baaad for your engine, it could bend a valve or do some other crazy shit so fix it if it's happening. You would get the same kind of thhhhhhhhhhh or hissssssssssssss if it was a crack in the exhaust manifold.

Alright... This is what happened. It's sunday, nothings open, tomorrow I can go buy a used Intake Manifold for 50-180 bucks or wait til friday since I don't work fridays and take the intake manifold off so my uncle can weld the crack. I think I should weld it frikin solid so there is no chance of this happening again. What I did to temporarily fix it is I used 3 blood taking straps which are like big fat rubber bands and I coated them in Vaseline and wrapped them around the crack and tied them tight. I was going to try and paint JB weld onto the crack but I figured that would mess up my welding plan. This is working great, the car idles and runs smooth. Brilliant idea if you ask me -hopefully is lasts til friday and crisis averted!

Edit/Delete Message Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12