The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo IX vs. X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

evo IX vs. X

I know everyone has read about the new evo X. we all know it has a small amount of horse added to compensate for a small amount of added weight such as stock 20" wheels :smt102 . i have read that mitsu will produce a 5 speed manual tranny, and i have read that the paddle shift auto will only be available, which sounds ridiculous to me. many predict that even if a manual is released, the auto will be faster due to decreased shift intervals. even so, i would not want to own such a wonderous auto cursed with an automatic transmission. there is also an anticipated tuning issue that is blamed on the complicated computerized features implimented. I believe subaru will be redesigning the rex pretty quick, if they have not already. Mitsu bias aside; MR vs. STi (STi has a little hp advant), and reg evo vs. reg wrx. What's the consensus? Also, evo IX vs. evo X? I'm seriously considering getting a black evo mr cuz i dont want to wait for the X nor pay out the @$$ for it. ( :smt064 )

its not an autmatic transmission.
    its a clutchless manual.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    Who wants a clutch less manual though lol...

the older sti had more hp than the evo........ but the evo still beat it

evo 280hp > sti300hp

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

this sounds crazy as hell, i drove few bmw's with clutchless tranny at my work ( i am a bellman , hahahha) and its sucks ass, there is no more fun with it anymore. when i flored the bmw, and when it was switching gears, it was reving up al lot and i didnt like that, i felt like i was in an automatic again..........it sucks :x
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

TGC Regular
    Is clutchless tranny like tiptronics?

some of you guys dont know what you're talking about.

True, there is no clutch pedal. But the system that is thought to be in the works for the new EVO is a dual clutch system like audi/VW uses... and there is NO better trans on the planet.
    period.
    If you think otherwise, you havent driven one.
    the clutchless manuals that beemer uses is in fact a bit harsh, but this is NOT the case with the dual clutch system. Beemer is in fact rumored to be starting on their own dual clutch system to replace their current line of direct shift trannies. I have no doubt that the dual clutch DSG system audi/VW uses will in fact be the new standard for transmissions within a decade worldwide.
    we're talking a 10ms shift that is smooth, reliable, and easy without ANY power loss. You can leave it to shift itself, or use the paddles. Loosing a clutch pedal is nothing to complain about, considering there is absolutly no faster way to have a shift done on this planet.
    you need to know more about it? try these links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-Shift_Gearbox

http://cars.about.com/od/thingsyoune...owDSGworks.htm

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?...icleId=2142264

heres a video of it.. awesome.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+gearbox&hl=en

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    interesting.

the DSG MKV GTI is actually faster than the manual version. no human can shift as fast
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    the older sti had more hp than the evo........ but the evo still beat it

*edit*

evo 286hp > sti300hp
    :D that's better

I favor Mitsu, but I love Sti's and Evo's both for their own reasons.

I think I will buy an Evo XI which will be the Evo X with a service pack lol

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Re: evo IX vs. X

Quote Originally Posted by anticon
    Mitsu bias aside; MR vs. STi (STi has a little hp advant), and reg evo vs. reg wrx. What's the consensus? Also, evo IX vs. evo X?
    if you have an EVO IX, it doesn't matter if you have the RS, the GSR, or the MR. they all have 286hp and 289 lb. ft.

so Reg. WRX < EVO, RS

STi < MR

the only difference between the RS, GSR, and MR is that the RS is stripped, no radio, no A/C, no power options. The GSR and MR have cosmetic differences, and the MR handles just a tad better than the GSR.

The STi, would walk a EVO on the straight but on dirt, road course its a little behind. The EVO just handles better thats all.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Get ur evo's now while you can... They're golden eggs right now... Trade in value just keeps going up..

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Guys with the DSG, thing Bugatti Veyron, its the same trans build exept with 6 instead of 7 gears. Mitsubishi is equipping the new Evo with the same trans they've been using in WRC for years. It also will keep people from breaking the driveline on launch, like many dumbasses do. A 6 spd manual will come, but mitsu engineers are working hardest on the DSG, because that is a more advanced and complex transmission, that they seem very proud of. But a 6spd manual will be offered as a cheaper substitute to attract a broader range of buyers.

The thing about the Evo Vs. STI debates, the thing is this, Mitsu uses the 2.0L engines that are legal in WRC, for its production cars subaru uses a larger 2.5L engine that is not legal in its WRC class. So yes the subaru has more power, but if you look at dedication to racer, mitsu has stayed truer with a car that is as close to legal specs as possible for a production car.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Come on.. what else do you need to say besides 7 time WRC champion car?

i think wat ppl forget is.. mitsu has been big in wrc starting with the vr4.. its something that has made headlines since it came out.. when they switched to the evos.. it dominated it.. it took subaru that much time to make a wrc rally car just to give it a run for the money..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Damn.. now that I think about it the 4G63 has been around for 11 years.. Until 09 when the X's come out..

For the record the new wrx.....

:shock: Eww.

*hi res can be found here

http://www.taberwest.com/images/wrx003.jpg
    http://www.taberwest.com/images/wrx4.jpg
    The New Guy On The Board.

yeah, dont like it at all

resize and repost those pics...

Quote Originally Posted by dienekes1982

Done.
    The New Guy On The Board.

Quote Originally Posted by djoutrages
    Quote Originally Posted by dienekes1982

Done.

ahh, much better. yeah, i still dont like it... is that the final product or is it a concept?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast