The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone's power mirrors not working?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Anyone's power mirrors not working?

So ever since I got my Galant, my mirrors have not worked. I have pulled the door panel off on the drivers side and its plugged, but I haven't had a chance to look under the dash. Is this something that is common? I don't have a tool to see if there is electricity in the wires so........ Anyway, I searched and all that came up was about m3's, let me know something, thanks!!!!

you can buy a multimeter nowadays that has a voltmeter for less than 10 dollars. if you want to do some electrical work, its worth the investment.

or if you want, i know at times where im out on the side of the road or something and i just get some wire, some electrical tape and a bulb and just make a test light out of that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

does ur car lighter work.. if not.. check the fuse for it.. cus thats wat happend to me
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

cigarette lighter you mean? I dont think it does, I will check to make sure. And as far as fuses go, do you know which one it is? Certain type required?

i wish i had power mirrors :(
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle71_05
    cigarette lighter you mean? I dont think it does, I will check to make sure. And as far as fuses go, do you know which one it is? Certain type required?
    if u look at the side panel fuse box.. ull see on the diagram.. it looks like a cig... i think its a 10.. just open it up and ull see.. u just gotta pull it hard..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Solved, it was the fuse, and fyi, it was a 15, almost!!! Thanks for your help!

I now have cigarette lighter/power mirror problem too. How exactly do I get to these fuses? I believe they are inside the car, next and below to the drivers wheel right? That side panel on the left says something like "pull outwards, fuse access"...Do just need to yank out this panel? It does not seem to come off easily. Are there any bolts or screws that I need to loose out first? I would appreciate some advice, thanks!

that panel just yanks off. just put a couple fingers in the opening and pull. Shouldn't be too tough
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

All of your fuses are located in the panel on the drivers side dash panel close to the door, the fuse panel can just be pulled off and simply replaced,no bolts no screws... if all the fuses check out ok there, take a look under the hood for the fuse box and double check all of those too!! hope that helps as well

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    It's always that damn mini 15a fuse.. Blew on my sisters endeavor too..

mine work but they make a high pitched sqeuaky noise when moving or is this normal?

Thanks for the help guys! I was able to perform this rather simple repair. I will post some pictures soon for all those who need them. Here's a silly question: Are these fuses pretty much standard across all makes and models? The autozone guy just pointed at them without asking what kind of car I had. I did have a spare inside the panel (thanks mitsubishi), but I would like to still have a new spare. I did notice different sizes. Does the sizes in the Galant have a name? I was reading "mini fuses" ore something like that.

Fuses are fuses. The are rated differently, hence the number on the top, and they usually come in a standard large and a standard small size.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Here are the pictures I promised.

Last edited by galantebeige; 08-06-2011 at 09:18 AM

So, what is the deal with fuse #12 (15A). I replaced it a while ago, because my power mirror did not work. Recently, I plugged in a cell phone charger into the cigarette lighter and that clearly blew the fuse again.

I guess I need some kind of wiring work here....any ideas how can I fix this?

the cell charger could have a short and that's why it bles the fuse when u plugged it in.

Almost all cellphone chargers have a built in fuse. It sits behind the metal tip that makes contact with the power source (this case the cigarette lighter in our car). If that fuse is blown or the wires inside are damanged it will trip the car fuses all day long.

For future reference, if you are constantly blowing fuses do not, I repeat DO NOT replace it with a larger/bigger/stronger fuse, like p.mafia said "fuses are fuses" And the manufacturer chose the stock rating for a reason. The equipment/electronics they are protecting should not normally exceed the rated amperage, if they do there is something wrong with it, diagnose and fix the problem do not just toss in a bigger fuse as it can potentially damage the specific component or because of the short, damage your cars wiring. And nobody likes to mess with wiring.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 08-07-2011 at 12:29 AM

Definitively not replacing any blown fuse with some other higher Amp fuse. A true statement for everything that uses a fuse. So many things, microwave, cars, TVs, etc....

I think I will try something else that is in working order. I will try it in another car first to validate the device (cell phone charger) and then try it in my car.

I hope it's not a short happening somewhere inside...