The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G air ride Help

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    SilverKnight

8G air ride Help

Alright this one is for all you 8Gers who have air ride suspensions. What i want to know is how/where you ran your air lines for the bags and if you got pics of all entry and exit locations if you could post those too. i plan on installing them this weekend and making a tutorial of it but i don't want to have to spend alot of time thinking on how/where to run the lines, reinventing the wheel if you know what i mean.

thanks in advance guys

Rear Fenders...Trunk

My lines are ran from the rear fenders area behind the rim of course, remove the back seat and ran into the trunk...
    :D

Kid

Saving People, Property, And The Environment From Such Dangers As Fire, Hazardous Materials, And The Grim Reaperâ„¢...

Re: Rear Fenders...Trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Kid
    My lines are ran from the rear fenders area behind the rim of course, remove the back seat and ran into the trunk...
    :D

Kid
    Likewise...

SilverKnight
    my question is how did you run the lines to the front the back isn't the issue i was just going to drill some holes in the tirewell there.
    Did you guys run the lines through the door sils, through the cabin, under the car, and at one point did you guys put any of your lines through the firewall. also where did you guys place your valves? on the tank or under the hood upfront. i want to have a general idea on what route to take for the front so i can run them this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverKnight
    my question is how did you run the lines to the front the back isn't the issue i was just going to drill some holes in the tirewell there.
    Did you guys run the lines through the door sils, through the cabin, under the car, and at one point did you guys put any of your lines through the firewall. also where did you guys place your valves? on the tank or under the hood upfront. i want to have a general idea on what route to take for the front so i can run them this weekend.
    Ran under the car and also in the cabin. Under the car of course they were protected, fairly simple because of the side skirts I have.

For the valves, mine are mounted on some diamond plates that I positioned on each side of the trunk. Not the cleanest looking setup, however I just wanted something simple for the time being that kept the trunk free.

which kits did you all go with or which one is the best?

disregard the last question; but does anyone elses rear rims scrape aginst their rim

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db
    disregard the last question; but does anyone elses rear rims scrape aginst their rim
    Easystreet is probably the best out there. As for scraping, not sure what you meant. On mine I have No rubbing on the inside or out, unless of course I am too low and the tires are rubbing.

yea i went on and bought mine from airfagit plug and play when i should have just bought it dissassembled because ive taken the whole thing apart to fix sh!t. but i recently noticed that my tries were rubbing aginst my rear cylinders my inside tire wall is bald. and i dont drive it realy low or with negative camber or any thing

yea i went on and bought mine from airfagit plug and play when i should have just bought it dissassembled because ive taken the whole thing apart to fix sh!t. but i recently noticed that my tries were rubbing aginst my rear cylinders my inside tire wall is bald. and i dont drive it realy low or with negative camber or any thing
    Ah you have the air cans? I have those as well, from Airbagit, going to be upgrading next summer, but I will rub on the rears if I am low enough as well, I just drive with it up a bit so it doesnt.

what's the ride like? Handling? I want bags but don't want to feel like I'm on a train all the time....

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    what's the ride like? Handling? I want bags but don't want to feel like I'm on a train all the time....
    With a quality set its not bad. Its def. not as tight as a set of springs, but you sacrafice a little for having air suspension. For me it was a must because I did not want to destroy my bumper by scraping it on everthing.

mine are ran from behind the rockers and held up by half in. conduit straps. at the back of floor, i drilled out two holes then got a 90 degree fitting and connected the line ran from the bag to the fitting. i then stuck the unused part of the fitting in the hole i previously drilled. i then connected another line to the fitting and ran it back to the trunk under the seat. hope that helps.
    ------- spark it or park it-----------

TGC Regular
    yea i went on and bought mine from airfagit plug and play when i should have just bought it dissassembled because ive taken the whole thing apart to fix sh!t.
    I've been lookin at that plug-n-play kit for a few months. Would you recomend it or suggest going with something like the Easystreet set up? I like the look of the Plug-n-play kit cause it looks like most everything is located in one spot for easy mounting.

The ride is actually not that bad... It rides better than some Cars that have coilovers ..that I've been in...

It depends on the psi you have in your bags.... with the easystreet kit... the More psi you have the bouncier the ride will be....

Quote Originally Posted by 02on19s
    The ride is actually not that bad... It rides better than some Cars that have coilovers ..that I've been in...

It depends on the psi you have in your bags.... with the easystreet kit... the More psi you have the bouncier the ride will be....
    I would say that applies to any kit, bags/struts or air cyl's.

just dont buy from air bag it THEY SUCK and they give you cylinders insted of sleeves for the back. cylinder = problems 4 EVER if your gonna do it pay the lil bit more and go with easy street air. just my 8 cents of advice