The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Would you buy one if it costs the same as a turbo kit?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 28.57%
  • NO

5 71.43%

Thread: OMG New Electrocharger News!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

OMG New Electrocharger News!

For those not in the know, this is supposedly an item that replaces your alternator and in conjunction with a battery pack in the trunk, turns your car into a hybrid electric with supposedly considerable performance gains and enough of a fuel economy gain to earn a tax credit. The dude's been working on it for years and sold some of the technology to BMW for their hybrid when he was first raising capitol. He's been planing on making them for large fleet trucks to start with and then start making them smaller and smaller for the rest of us. Looks like he's got the ball rolling!

"Jan 24th, '07: From the Inventor: We have been awarded a grant from the State of Texas to develop the Heavy Truck system and the prototype will be ready by the end of August. We are also expecting another grant from the State of Texas on the Mild Hybrid kit and Austin Energy will be the first fleet customer to get our Plug-In hybrid kit. There's alot of things going on and we are getting closer to the launch date for the general public."

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/elect...trocharger.php

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    thats cool, not sure of the performance gains but looking to save money on gas is worth it, it would all come down to cost and reviews from other people who owned it, but i would still go turbo first lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Man the technology is cool but the price will not be.

They expect it to be $2000-3000 for passenger cars. And I agree, I'd go FI first. But I'll still be getting one. :D

I gotta see actual numbers and some gurantees first. Sounds good though

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"