The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SDS...DYNO...new Fuel pump

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    SuperchargedGTZ

SDS...DYNO...new Fuel pump

Well i completed my second run at the dyno and even after the installation of the walbro 255 fuel pump the car is still running lean at top end. but before we stopped i dynoed a 259.7 whp. the last run we really cranked the settings on the afr up ALOT and we dynoed 255.9. it is not running as lean as it was but it is still lean at around 13.7 at 6500rpm. so i guess next step would be bigger injectors. currently the kit comes with 270cc and i think i should go to 310cc. i will have to talk to ROSS and see what he says. the guys at the dyno (PRUVEN PERFORMACE) said that maybe an aftermarket fuel filter or different fuel lines. what does everyone think?

but overal i couldnt believe it 259.7.....i am happy with the numbers but not happy about the running lean part. good thing is we didnt hear any detonation on the dyno..hehe....i am trying to stay positive with all this. FYI....it is really frustrating being the first....it takes alot of nerves....NERVES that i dont have. i am pratically shittin bricks everytime we did a pass.

Nice run GTZ27. I can relate to the shitting bricks. I know Shane has larger injectors, but I'm surprised that the new pump didn't drive harder. You know there is a fuel pump rewire somewhere in the archives of this site or maybe at club3g. Mitsu uses smaller gauge wire to reduce the current to the pump. By rewiring it with larger gauge wire, you actually increase the pump output. That might help and would be cheaper than 6 injectors.
    I'm glad to hear that you put so much faith in Ross. In spanish they call what you're doing having "huevos duros" .

Good luck, man. Keep us posted.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Kwiksix
    That's actually great news GTZ dont worry everytime they did a pass on my car I thought I was gonna crap my pants
    I have 310's that should help get them from RC engineering.

DUDE Talk about nerves. it takes nerves waiting on you to give us the thumbs up saying out motor isnt going to blow. Good numbers though very impressed. Did you ever get the headers?I can't rememver if you did or not
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

SuperchargedGTZ
    i am sure that Ross will just swap them out, or maybe myself. has anyone done this themselves yet.

yes....i have the AMSS/RIPP headers. i already hit something and dented the front DP.

kwiksix....what pressure are you running on your FPR?? what are you using for fuel control/ afc/afr....do you have the rpm fix or do your numbers jump around??

I put mine on today. I am afraid to drive it because the header sits lower than anything else on my Car. If I hit anything (bottoming out) then my header is the first thing to get it. I have the I4 though I am not sure how the V6 sits
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

stephen7983
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Nice run GTZ27. I can relate to the shitting bricks. I know Shane has larger injectors, but I'm surprised that the new pump didn't drive harder. You know there is a fuel pump rewire somewhere in the archives of this site or maybe at club3g. Mitsu uses smaller gauge wire to reduce the current to the pump. By rewiring it with larger gauge wire, you actually increase the pump output. That might help and would be cheaper than 6 injectors.
    I'm glad to hear that you put so much faith in Ross. In spanish they call what you're doing having "huevos duros" .

Good luck, man. Keep us posted.

Chip
    or "huevos grandes" or "muchos huevos" lol

Kwiksix
    I'm running an afc with a 1mohm potentiameter you just dail in to the right spot and your rpm will get stable.
    As far as fuel pressure at idle I'm around 42-45, during boost at about mid 50's.
    When I had the injectors put in they had to modify the fuel rail a bit.

SuperchargedGTZ
    i just took it for a ride and it runs rough at idle cause they cranked up the FPR about 7lbs. my numbers on the afr are NOTHING like Ross tuned it. at like 6500rpm we are up around +25%. i think that is another reason why it runs a little chopy in the lower rpm range. i just have to be patient i guess.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Damn they turned u up 7lbs,and ur running +25% what the hell.. Man i wish i could see what their doing because im so freakin curious.. man i know what u mean about dyno, i remember when i did my first run when the system was complete, i had to take to asprins cuz i thought my car was gonna blow up..lol..i Say get the bigger injectors, hopefully that will solve ur lean issues, then u can turn down ur FPR and u will be in the +10%percent range..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Damn 259 whp with no injectors..................THAT's REALLY IMPRESSIVE GTZ.......Your car is certanly a rocket.....
    Good job....
    Give us more details about the setup that u run.....If u don't wanna share with nobody then pm me....
    My biggest question to u though is, how much of psi r u running and is your transmission bone stock or u have it rebuild.....
    Also, did u had your internals changed????....
    6500 rpm...that is bad for your valves i guess - besides what is the "red line" on the v6?
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

SuperchargedGTZ
    well the kit came with 270cc injectors, up from our stock 210cc on the V6. the tranny is stock. also i noticed that since they tuned it on the dyno, it runs a little rough when cold at the low rpm. i am going to play with some of the numbers today on the afr. i really need the fix for the rpm on the afr. hopefully the chip from Ross will be out soon enough and i wont have to deal with the piggy back system anymore.