The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Distortion Problem, Possibly Low Power?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    TGC Regular

Distortion Problem, Possibly Low Power?

Well, I have a bit of a problem. I seem to be getting distortion but it sounds like when you are listening to your radio with the car off and your battery starts to die. I will be listening to music and then all of a sudden it will get real distorted and the volume will sound weird and then it will go to normal. I always seem to have a little bit if I turn my volume up. When I had my laptop hooked up through my cd player I had a little whine but that was it. XBOX or my old DVD/Screen could play music though my h/u fine with no problems. I have my sound running through the aux on the back of my h/u.

Could I be drawing too much power? I have a 750 watt inverter and am powering my PC and my Lilliput off it. I'm not sure how much my power supply for the PC is because it doesn't say on it but there is a red switch on the back that will go between 115v and 230v. I currently have it on 115v.

Any help would be appreciated because my sound quality is suffering.

Check the ground connection on the deck.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

TGC Regular
    I guess I'm going to have to but it was just working fine yesterday when I was playing music off my dvd player. I suppose it could have come loose though.

TGC Regular
    Well, I took a look and all my wiring is fine. The only thing I can think of is that the ground on the factory harness is crap. Tomorrow, when I when I have the stuff I need, I am going to try grounding it somewhere else. I just don't see why it would work fine with my DVD player but not the pc. I don't have any whine so I don't think it has to do with my inverter causing interference but I could be wrong. I made sure my power and audio are as far apart as possible.

I'm sitting in my Explorer as I type this listening to music and it was sounding fine and all of a sudden it just went staticy for a second ad now it is playing fine so I really don't know what is up.

Could this be a power supply?

i dont wanna get too off topic, but will having a high powered amp with like 2 12's suck up alot of battery power?

Quote Originally Posted by 2000Galant
    i dont wanna get too off topic, but will having a high powered amp with like 2 12's suck up alot of battery power?
    Depends on the amp and sub set up. If you have two amps sucking up 1,200 watts rms a piece then it can happen....

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Its also possible you damaged the speakers by playing to loud...
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.