The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Supercharged 8g Decked out = MONEY

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 182
    You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I'd drive that bitch all day, every day. I'd just get rid of the roll cage though. 8)

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i like it too cleanly done and a lot of custom work

tht is sexy, the back is a no no but the wrk overall looks great

That guy is at most car shows in NC that I go to.

Sorry but those tails were a huge mistake...

Aside from that and the spoiler, not too bad...

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

can u guys please stop hating? i like it. nice color and tastefully done for an obvious show car. some of the members caught it at HIN last year and said it looked great. some of the mods i would not have done because they are not my style but u guys should gives props where props are due. his brakes cost more than 90% of your guys wheels and his body work cost more than most of your cars. the tail conversion is original and way better done than most of the tail conversions i've seen. it's a nice package w/ very nice touches even if most of them are show pieces or not set up for true performance. i respect how much work, money and thought went into that ride.

wow such different opinions.. i love it - its different :)

I think it's a dope ride! I don't think the IS 300 tail conversion is original at all. I've seen those tails used in conversions on many cars at car shows. Should have used something else. Besides that and the stickers, and possibly even the roof scoop if it's not functional, I would rock it hard! Oh yeah, the spoiler/wing has to go too. I'm loving the molded fender flares and how they flow with the kit.

IMO, if it lost all the stickers, and changed the interior it would be alright. The paint is alright, and the body kit, is well... the only one you can get for that G. Not a very original job IMO... looks like a generic, overly done car.

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    I think its hot. To each his own. Alot of hard work

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    can u guys please stop hating? i like it. nice color and tastefully done for an obvious show car. some of the members caught it at HIN last year and said it looked great. some of the mods i would not have done because they are not my style but u guys should gives props where props are due. his breaks cost more than 90% of your guys wheels and his body work cost more than most of your cars. the tail conversion is original and way better done than most of the tail conversions i've seen. it's a nice package w/ very nice touches even if most of them are show pieces or not set up for true performance. i respect how much work, money and thought went into that ride.
    Exactly...tha ride is sick. and tha majority of tha people hatin' on it would take that car over thier own if given tha opportunity. Awesome job!

WarmAndSCSI
    Sorry, but I think you are wrong. There was probably no hard work put into that car... just a lot of money (that may or may not have been hard-earned). The guy who owns it probably wouldn't dream of doing any of those modifications himself.

I would take my car over that piece of ricey shit (vinyls, stickers, roof scoop, park bench spoiler) because I actually put some hard work into my car. EVERY single performance mod on my car has been done by myself (supercharger install, engine rebuild, supporting fuel system mods, electronics). I take a lot more pride in my car than most show-car owners can because I did every single mod myself.

its a generic Fast and Furious style show car. nothing special here. just tons of money and zero creativity and zero functionality. any of us would bash IS taillights on a civic, so why isnt this the same? granted its very clean, and everything flows well, but its still pretty ricey. different size rims on the front and back? huge fender flares to hide the wheel gap? generic racing wing. nos and a supercharger with no intercooler? dual exhaust?

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I really dont like the cage in a show car, if the car has a cage in it, it needs to be on the track.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

So much hate guys. If some of you hate it so much, why don't you shell out your life savings and mod it beyond your recognition.

BTW he beat out Jscout247, Da-Gal, AND 02on19s at HIN Dallas (ok, so show car vs daily driver wasn't quite the match )

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    So much hate guys. If some of you hate it so much, why don't you shell out your life savings and mod it beyond your recognition.
    I spent all of my money on my engine already... and $0 for labor since it was all done by myself
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    BTW he beat out Jscout247, Da-Gal, AND 02on19s at HIN Dallas (ok, so show car vs daily driver wasn't quite the match )
    And I could beat him any day on any track. His car is completely for show, my car is completely for go - his car is the definition of RICE.

thats great the u did do r own wrk not that many people do but the majority pay for there wrk n for all u guys know he might have done that himself...the fender flares look really good on the car not too big or too small and it makes it look wider not lower and he probly went with those sze wheels because of the fenders...i think its really stupid to have a show car that hauls ass becuaase u wouldnt want to fuck anything up....yea it has rice parts on it so it might make it rice but it has the same kit as everyone here n the same hood as the favoored cars in this site and there are evos that have roll cages but never go on the track n besides that its just black with racing seats in the inside....everyone has differreny opinions tho , i personally wouldnt want to boost to much because i wouldnt want to blo anything

Experienced TGC Member

THIS IS WHY HE'S HOTT!!!

...this is why im not... :oops:

its a show car, its supposed to be flashy. cheap parts that are meant to be flashy on a daily driver that beg attention from others and create hazards on the road are what is rice. you would think people would be proud that the galant is getting some attention in the show car circuit.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvr
    thats great the u did do r own wrk not that many people do but the majority pay for there wrk n for all u guys know he might have done that himself...the fender flares look really good on the car not too big or too small and it makes it look wider not lower and he probly went with those sze wheels because of the fenders...i think its really stupid to have a show car that hauls ass becuaase u wouldnt want to fuck anything up....yea it has rice parts on it so it might make it rice but it has the same kit as everyone here n the same hood as the favoored cars in this site and there are evos that have roll cages but never go on the track n besides that its just black with racing seats in the inside....everyone has differreny opinions tho , i personally wouldnt want to boost to much because i wouldnt want to blo anything
    Can you please use a spell checker before you post?

The car is a show car, yes; but that doesn't excuse him to run a stupid setup like 6 PSI of boost combined with a 150 shot of nitrous. It's just retarded to claim that that combination even works without forged pistons. A complete waste of money is more I like it... the "judges" at those car shows probably wouldn't know the difference between a nitrous solenoid and a fuel injector, yet alone to be impressed by a 150 shot of nitrous when the guy should be running maybe a 75 shot.

There is nothing unique about this Galant other than the fact that its owner blew a load of cash on more non-functional accessories than any other Galant owner has. Granted, the body work and paint are nice and all, but most of the items sticking out from various body panels on that car belong on a Honda.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast