The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Supercharged 8g Decked out = MONEY

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 182
    what is that computer looking thing next to the fusebox?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant

THIS IS WHY HE'S HOTT!!!

...this is why im not... :oops:

lmao!
    hahahahaaha

Nice Ride, some things are over the top for my taste but the overall package is very right.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvr
    thats great the u did do r own wrk not that many people do but the majority pay for there wrk n for all u guys know he might have done that himself...the fender flares look really good on the car not too big or too small and it makes it look wider not lower and he probly went with those sze wheels because of the fenders...i think its really stupid to have a show car that hauls ass becuaase u wouldnt want to fuck anything up....yea it has rice parts on it so it might make it rice but it has the same kit as everyone here n the same hood as the favoored cars in this site and there are evos that have roll cages but never go on the track n besides that its just black with racing seats in the inside....everyone has differreny opinions tho , i personally wouldnt want to boost to much because i wouldnt want to blo anything
    Can you please use a spell checker before you post?

The car is a show car, yes; but that doesn't excuse him to run a stupid setup like 6 PSI of boost combined with a 150 shot of nitrous. It's just retarded to claim that that combination even works without forged pistons. A complete waste of money is more I like it... the "judges" at those car shows probably wouldn't know the difference between a nitrous solenoid and a fuel injector, yet alone to be impressed by a 150 shot of nitrous when the guy should be running maybe a 75 shot.

There is nothing unique about this Galant other than the fact that its owner blew a load of cash on more non-functional accessories than any other Galant owner has. Granted, the body work and paint are nice and all, but most of the items sticking out from various body panels on that car belong on a Honda.
    sounds like you are equating your tastes to the standard at which we all should mod... and that you have a serious case of wallet envy. THIS IS A SHOW CAR; as far as i know it is a trailored one at that. you are saying that his car is rice because he spent alot of money on mods that don't make the car fast or work properly together? isn't it his money (and his trophies)? he is trying to win shows, NOT races. if he spent the same amount of money purely on go fast mods that he spent on appearance, his car would walk yours, even with a blind monkey driving. just by quickly looking at the car i can conservatively estimate $15,000+ in mods... you seem to be mad that he had the financial freedom to do it, which also tells me you don't. also just because a tuner doesn't do the work themselves personally, and pays someone else to do it, does that make their car rice? some people's time is simply worth more than others. taking offense to somebody being able to do something that you can't is envy, and is very ugly. haters spend too much effort hating... i bet you he's never even heard of you or your car.

WarmAndSCSI
    Believe you me I would have more than $15,000 in my car if I would have paid somebody to install everything I have and tune it. I've taken a break from work to go to school; I should be making at least $70,000 in 6 months (not to mention that I'm only 19), a large chunk of which will be put into my car. Wallet envy my ass! I just don't think it looks very good and most of his "visual" mods have no place on a Galant.

Most of his "visual" mods fall under the category of what most of us here consider rice (taillights that don't belong on the car, ROOF scoops, parkbench spoilers, front carnards, tiny-ass side mirrors).

Believe you me I would have more than $15,000 in my car if I would have paid somebody to install everything I have and tune it. I've taken a break from work to go to school; I should be making at least $70,000 in 6 months (not to mention that I'm only 19), a large chunk of which will be put into my car. Wallet envy my ass! I just don't think it looks very good and most of his "visual" mods have no place on a Galant.

Most of his "visual" mods fall under the category of what most of us here consider rice (taillights that don't belong on the car, ROOF scoops, parkbench spoilers, front carnards, tiny-ass side mirrors).
    You can't be serious. Have you been to car shows b4? What he has done is not abnormal at all if its a pure show car. Its all about going over the top and doing what others don't usually do if you want points to win. I give the man props. Its not my style but I acknowledge his work, if he did all the work himself or not.

WarmAndSCSI
    If you're talking about import rice shows, then, yes, that is true.

edit: and props to him for being able to blow an assload of money on a car that doesn't seem to conform to any body's "style."

edit2: And another point: you know that thread about the 2008 Lancer with the parkbench? That's the same shit that this car has going on, only this car has even more visual "bolt-ons." Why is it that I would be completely normal to insult the moron who owns that Lancer, but it's taboo to attack this owner's car? It's the same damn shitty spoiler. Why is this guy exempt from being made fun of?

I'm not making fun of his nice gauge setup, his interior, his paintjob, his brakes, or his wheels. No, I'm making fun of the ricey shit that ruins it all.

you still don't get it. this is a SHOW CAR. it wins trophies. it is not a daily driver or a race car. have you ever won a show? have you ever judged a show? so what makes you qualified to to make this statement? "...most of his "visual" mods have no place on a Galant." you are underqualified it seems and so your opinion can be discounted and discarded.

$15,000 was a conservative figure. double that and it'd probably still be in the ballpark. as for you trying to impress me that you will be making 70K at 19, good for you... but you are trying to impress the wrong person; i made more than that each year while i was retired (retired at 29). point is the money spent on his car is not yours. you are hating on him because he "blew" HIS money on HIS mods to HIS car... it's not like he spent any of your money. that tells me u wish you had that kind of money to "blow" on yours (of course you wouldn't be "blowing" it because you would mod it "correctly", right?), otherwise you would not have a care about how he spent his. so you can feel better about yourself that you would have spent more than $15,000 on modding your car if you were to pay someone to do it, but saved so much by doing your own work? reality check... you had no choice but to do your own work. btw, you are simply assuming that he did not do his own work, and that he paid, what's the difference if he did or not? don't hate on him (if your assumption is correct) because he could afford to pay someone like you to do it for him.

if you are really interested in making money, you would learn not to hate on those with money (as they write your checks).

I think the guy's car is sick....its nice to see galants getting some recognition. Here in hawaii, galants haven't become something yet. That is why ive spent so much money on my car....i don't care if it is slow as shit! Uniqueness is nice....so many people always ask me, "what kind of car is that?" I just tell them,"what do you think it is?" and just laugh at them :) But yeah anyways, i give that guy mad props....his rims are SICK!!! Ive always wanted those!

i think da G looks sharp, all it needs is a tranny swap, but i'd take it lik dat if i had da chance

2001 5 speed 4g64T

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax

you still don't get it. this is a SHOW CAR. it wins trophies. it is not a daily driver or a race car. have you ever won a show? have you ever judged a show? so what makes you qualified to to make this statement? "...most of his "visual" mods have no place on a Galant." you are underqualified it seems and so your opinion can be discounted and discarded.

$15,000 was a conservative figure. double that and it'd probably still be in the ballpark. as for you trying to impress me that you will be making 70K at 19, good for you... but you are trying to impress the wrong person; i made more than that each year while i was retired (retired at 29). point is the money spent on his car is not yours. you are hating on him because he "blew" HIS money on HIS mods to HIS car... it's not like he spent any of your money. that tells me u wish you had that kind of money to "blow" on yours (of course you wouldn't be "blowing" it because you would mod it "correctly", right?), otherwise you would not have a care about how he spent his. so you can feel better about yourself that you would have spent more than $15,000 on modding your car if you were to pay someone to do it, but saved so much by doing your own work? reality check... you had no choice but to do your own work. btw, you are simply assuming that he did not do his own work, and that he paid, what's the difference if he did or not? don't hate on him (if your assumption is correct) because he could afford to pay someone like you to do it for him.

if you are really interested in making money, you would learn not to hate on those with money (as they write your checks).
    You are really fucking bitter. All I'm saying is that I don't like some of his mods because they detract from the rest of his "look." Nothing more.

And I still hold my opinion that it was dumb of him to taut a 150 shot nitrous system when you know damn well a stock 4G64 can't handle that with 6 PSI on top... I was simply noting that HE was trying to be a show-off rather than just saying he has a plain 'ol NOS system because that's all the judges can see any way. That kind of exaggeration is typical of "ricers," and isn't even relevant on a show car. Maybe he does have forged pistons... it would seem like an obvious thing to put on his detailed performance list, though.

It just pisses me off that people would instantly say that the he put a lot of work into the car. Having a nice show car is no different than me going out and buying a brand new Corvette C6 Z06. It impresses everybody sure, but that doesn't mean it took a lot of hard work to get it. It's just that a lot of people I have noticed with REALLY nice cars (like this one) do not have anything to do with its buildup (they may not be at all familiar with the components, for example). That's how I assumed for his car, but go ahead and prove me wrong. I still think that if it were true that he did not put much actual effort into the car (besides dropping a lot of dough on it) and that he chose to put a typical ricer parkbench on the back along with a roof scoop, that the car, although sharp looking overall, is really not that impressive.

edit: And by the way, maybe you should have tried less to entice an argument to begin with. Several comments were made on how the car doesn't fancy some peoples' tastes. Fine; everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. You really don't have any place to sit on a high horse and say that "his breaks (sic) cost more than 90% of your guys wheels and his body work cost more than most of your cars" and expect me not to get pissed. There is no way in hell that the body work on his Galant costs more than a good condition Galant. Because, remember, body work strictly means fitment, welding, and body aligment; it has nothing to do with paint. If you are going to make asinine comments that try to make me feel as though my Galant isn't worth anything when compared to a mediocre (and it is mediocre as far as show cars go) show car, please don't expect me not to argue.

edit2: And don't say I only insulted the guy. I was defending his gauge setup until you showed up.

damn. now thats a nice lookin G.

WarmAndSCSI, in a performance view you are right 100% but remember it is a show car and Chris (the owner) does drive something else as a daily beater. If someone installed a super/turbo charger on my G I would run the way it was meant to be run, not sitting in the garage till the next auto show. But that's not what Chris had in mind when he built his ride. I've talked to him at HIN Dallas and his response was just like most of us here: to get the Galant name out in the open. Has his product sold well? It certainly has and so were the 50+ other SHOW CARS present that evening. Was I impressed? The presentation alone was enough to get the attention. And would I yank his car keys and drive it around Downtown Dallas? Probably not because it's HIS CAR. We could all rant about this all day long but the bottom line is that it's his car, his vision and his conquest to take home the gold (no offense). I mean, it's not like he started modding last year or anything.

And that leads to another dillema......

You see, he and his dad (BTW his papi does this for a hobby) are the ones modding the G. He may hire a hand there or two but "most" of the mods were done by the duo. He and his dad goes state to state on a trailer (I'm not kidding) competing shows and promote their sponsors (those decals are real $$$) and is making quite a stir. Sure, he may not post on this board (much) but he does browse from time to time (where do you think those jdm heads came from?). And pretty sure he is laughing his head off when he reads this thread.

I've seen cars geared up for both performance and show but not on a Galant (yet). Please, don't segregate the two..... :?

WarmAndSCSI
    That's great, really :). However, it does not mean I have to like how the car looks.

Yes, I was wrong in assuming that he even cares that his performance setup is "wrong." The car is unique; I never said it wasn't. I just don't like some of the things that make it unique .

My point is that I can "hate" all I want on any body's car. There's no reason for me to retract my own opinions because somebody else is antsy about what I think. This is doubly true because the guy himself didn't start this thread; I don't feel I'm insulting him more than I am just commenting on his car. Trust me, you could insult my car all day saying I haven't done enough visual mods; it really wouldn't bother me.

Yeah, that's true the car show scene itself has indeed grew up to be another expensive "art museum" for vehicles.

BTW what do you think of this pic?

I mean he's doing exactly what we're talking about bulking up on expensive stuff and time for what? This? If I've spent the time on a work regiment I would love to spend my achievent out in the open but folks like him ^ would rather spend it by having photos taken by the media. What a waste? On picture it would last many years but physically he/she will never realize the full potential of their human mechanism out in the real world (except for the select few 8) ).

EDIT: I would prefer the "dog show" version but this one was funnier

It's their taste and game.

warm: srry i dont waste my time typing perfect for a stupid topic....

everyome has different taste, he might like that wing but u dont and its his car so dont stress it...thats one thing that shouldnt be done is start talking shit about the car or the owner, people not just u but people on this board tend to be asses sometimes and say OO wtf was he thinking what an idiot that looks like shit or run that car off a bridg when they should just simply say o i dislike the wing and get on with there lifes..JDMs for example everyone and there grandma has them and thats y i hesitated to get them but i had to get new heads so i decided to get the two piece and i bet if Censee and Cali or any of the hot galants would say they are gay then lil by lil everyone will think the same, point is that he liked it and thats all that matters because its his car soo who cares and as for performance mods that was done for points, whats a show car with no engine mods? there are so many imprts that go to HIN and have never been raced before and have sick engine work done just for show....if the scoop was used by a couple of members on this site it will end up growiing on alot of people thus making it a popular mod because it would be in style and everyone would like for everyon else to say thats hot...that man is winning mad shows and thats what matters to him and he has trophys to prove it as for u all u can say is ill smoke him which im not saying u wont but u dont go off racing ur G on fridays or saturdays and win shit or do u, correct me if im wrong....i am only 18 n i have done most of my work on my car (looks) myself besides the paint on the kit and im not great at engine mods but im decent and maybe its the opposite for u so u focus more on engine, as for this guy he is doing both for show....i dont even know if im makng sense so ill just stop because im tired of this topic...i jsut dont like it when people hate and talk shit when all they have donne to there G is kool xenon bulbs and im not saying u or pointing fingers but thats just MHO

WarmAndSCSI
    Very good point. It's great to show your car at shows, but I think it's so much more fun to drive it too; even if it's just on occasion.

I think it's much more impressive to have a car that is both daily driven and well-maintained enough to be a show car. That is what I want to do with my car once I have more free time and money.

edit: alexvr, it's just hard to read through your posts quickly because of your typing.

edit2: And yes, I like to race my car and drive it hard all the time. I wouldn't have spent my own time working on a lot of hard mods not to drive it. Trust me, as soon as the drag strip opens here, I will be out there every opportunity I get. I'd also like to take it to the really nice motorsports track here, but it's really expensive. And I will be making it out there to an open track day once I can find a spare $500.

yea i know what you mean, i think what is a nice fast car if u cant drive it, i have a body kit and still haul ass all the time lol i have a v6 so its not that slow lol but yea there are poeple out there who just hook up the cars and garage them, hell no ill drive every where and be seen 8)...after im done with looks ima go for performance

yea i type fast and dont bother looking over what i typed lol

its nice to see people racing galants, i bet there are alot of people who are like wtf a galant??? haha

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvr
    yea i know what you mean, i think what is a nice fast car if u cant drive it, i have a body kit and still haul ass all the time lol i have a v6 so its not that slow lol but yea there are poeple out there who just hook up the cars and garage them, hell no ill drive every where and be seen 8)...after im done with looks ima go for performance

yea i type fast and dont bother looking over what i typed lol

its nice to see people racing galants, i bet there are alot of people who are like wtf a galant??? haha
    Trust me, the looks on peoples' faces when they get their sporty coupes' asses whooped by a 4dr Galant is priceless. And at stage 2 SDS, there are very few stock cars that can outperform mine on the highway.

hahahahaha i love to hear that :twisted:

Censee
    nice,,although some details really ruin the look of the car,, like the roof scoop,altezzas,spoiler, akwardly mounted splitter and canards...besides that looks good....lotta work went into it..

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast