The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Supercharged 8g Decked out = MONEY

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 182
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    You are really fucking bitter. All I'm saying is that I don't like some of his mods because they detract from the rest of his "look." Nothing more.
    really? this sounds like more:

That car has probably never even been on a track... I hate it when people waste money on "go-fast" mods just for show.

6 PSI of boost and a 150 shot without forged internals? No thanks.
    Sorry, but I think you are wrong. There was probably no hard work put into that car... just a lot of money (that may or may not have been hard-earned). The guy who owns it probably wouldn't dream of doing any of those modifications himself.

I would take my car over that piece of ricey shit (vinyls, stickers, roof scoop, park bench spoiler) because I actually put some hard work into my car. EVERY single performance mod on my car has been done by myself (supercharger install, engine rebuild, supporting fuel system mods, electronics). I take a lot more pride in my car than most show-car owners can because I did every single mod myself.
    ...And I could beat him any day on any track. His car is completely for show, my car is completely for go - his car is the definition of RICE.
    And I still hold my opinion that it was dumb of him to taut a 150 shot nitrous system when you know damn well a stock 4G64 can't handle that with 6 PSI on top... I was simply noting that HE was trying to be a show-off rather than just saying he has a plain 'ol NOS system because that's all the judges can see any way. That kind of exaggeration is typical of "ricers," and isn't even relevant on a show car. Maybe he does have forged pistons... it would seem like an obvious thing to put on his detailed performance list, though.

It just pisses me off that people would instantly say that the he put a lot of work into the car. Having a nice show car is no different than me going out and buying a brand new Corvette C6 Z06. It impresses everybody sure, but that doesn't mean it took a lot of hard work to get it. It's just that a lot of people I have noticed with REALLY nice cars (like this one) do not have anything to do with its buildup (they may not be at all familiar with the components, for example). That's how I assumed for his car, but go ahead and prove me wrong. I still think that if it were true that he did not put much actual effort into the car (besides dropping a lot of dough on it) and that he chose to put a typical ricer parkbench on the back along with a roof scoop, that the car, although sharp looking overall, is really not that impressive.
    so somehow you have decided that in order for a car to be nice, it has to have been worked on almost exclusively by the owner? guess i'll have to relay that new rule to all the show car owners. i also guess all the money they spent must have come easily and not through hard work because according to you, hard work has to be done w/ wrenches, not at a job or through savings... somebody had to make that money and somebody had to do that work. btw, your ZO6 analogy it faulty. if all things were equal, that Z06 would be a heavily modified show winner, and it would be critiqued by other corvette owners. but even if that Z06 in your example was bone stock, thanks to you we all now know it doesn't take a lot of hard work to get a Z06 (since getting the money to get a Z06 doesn't take hard work).

edit: And by the way, maybe you should have tried less to entice an argument to begin with. Several comments were made on how the car doesn't fancy some peoples' tastes. Fine; everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. You really don't have any place to sit on a high horse and say that "his breaks (sic) cost more than 90% of your guys wheels and his body work cost more than most of your cars" and expect me not to get pissed. There is no way in hell that the body work on his Galant costs more than a good condition Galant. Because, remember, body work strictly means fitment, welding, and body aligment; it has nothing to do with paint. If you are going to make asinine comments that try to make me feel as though my Galant isn't worth anything when compared to a mediocre (and it is mediocre as far as show cars go) show car, please don't expect me not to argue.
    i put it in bold again so you could look back, read and comprehend. you decided that his brakes (thanks for catching my spelling error / homonym confusion, i was busy not working hard so i could afford to pay somebody else to do some more work on my car) cost more than your wheels and/or his body work (which encompasses paint, prep / labor and parts as well) was worth more than your car... i used very open operative language in that line, notice the "90%" and the "most"; i left it up to you to decide if you fell into one or both of those categories, and you answered the question on your own. it wasn't like i addressed you by name and told you his car is better than yours... it's undeniably a better show car than yours of course.

edit2: And don't say I only insulted the guy. I was defending his gauge setup until you showed up.
    who said you insulted him? like i said he probably has never heard of you or your car.

TGC Regular
    yeah very clean G

i dont want to start another thread... so

is it hard to install flares like the ones he has and mold them to the body? what is really involved? some bondo, maybe a little bit of fiberglass and resin, and a whole lot of shape-sanding?

This guy is at alot of NC carshows, so I've seen it in person before.

I don't know what you guys are bitching about, but from my point of view this is one fine peice of work, looks better the 95% of cars here. Everything nice but the rice tails although that dam fine fabrication
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

phizz2k
    Well I think his ride is pretty nice, although like everyone has said if it were mine, I would go anothere route.

The only thing I would change up is that front splitter cause it looks a little big but It maybe the angle in the pic...

As for motor work, Iam sure if someone spends that much time and money on looks that the motor and proper tuning is to follow eventually

(its like, hmmmm what else could i do :)

Nice ride and good work man keep it up....

This is Scott, the owner of the car that this whole topic has been about. First, I just want to clarify a couple of things...obviously my name isn't Chris, it's Scott. I've never lived in TX, although I hear it's a nice place to live. I've lived in NC my entire life. I've tried to be very polite and nice to everyone with their questions and answers, but Its really aggravating to see so much trash talkin....do any of you know how much horsepower is involved? Or what maybe really done to the engine? I hate to sound so rude because this really isn't my nature...but the bottom line is this is a show car...Emphisis on "show". There are a lot of opinions on cars..and especially show cars...and even more particular HIN show cars.....There are many things about the car world that I dislike....and this is the thing I hate the most...is people shooting their mouth about things they dont know. I know these show cars aren't everyones taste and style. But a simple.."nice but not my taste" is more appropriate than " And I could beat him any day on any track" Assuming that engine parts are not functionable and that I didn't complete any of the work myself....Is just that....assuming.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Thanks for showing up and putting in decent words, I hope some of these fools can finally get some info then not choke on their toenails too much cuz their foot will be in their mouths

TGC Regular
    I completely agree with you, but this is the nature of almost any publicly viewed hobby these days. You have done a really good job, you're car is imaculate and yes I do like it, even if I would have done it differently in some areas.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

I was just really surprised to see how much I was hated....I mean....I wasn't even planning on putting those pictures on that Cardomain sit....my girlfriend was board and tired of watching me study....so she said Im gonna put your galant on this website....I didn't realize it would cause such controversy....People were literally arguing over this....I thought people with galants would be happy that its getting really good exposure at shows...but I guess I was wrong.

TGC Regular
    Don't take it personally, just leave them to it, you know the truth so thats all that really matters.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsNCGalant
    I was just really surprised to see how much I was hated....I mean....I wasn't even planning on putting those pictures on that Cardomain sit....my girlfriend was board and tired of watching me study....so she said Im gonna put your galant on this website....I didn't realize it would cause such controversy....People were literally arguing over this....I thought people with galants would be happy that its getting really good exposure at shows...but I guess I was wrong.
    it's jealousy. don't sweat it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    it's jealousy. donl't sweat it.

Greed, Hate, Envy, Jealousy. You hear about it all the time when you're doing big things, and obviously you are doing big things with the car, so you gotta take it with a grain of salt. Keep doing your thing.

Thanks for havin my back...when I wasn't there to defend myself.

that one guy really had it out for me.....It almost sounded like he was trying to pick a fight with me.

This is Scott, the owner of the car that this whole topic has been about. First, I just want to clarify a couple of things...obviously my name isn't Chris, it's Scott. I've never lived in TX, although I hear it's a nice place to live. I've lived in NC my entire life. I've tried to be very polite and nice to everyone with their questions and answers, but Its really aggravating to see so much trash talkin....do any of you know how much horsepower is involved? Or what maybe really done to the engine? I hate to sound so rude because this really isn't my nature...but the bottom line is this is a show car...Emphisis on "show". There are a lot of opinions on cars..and especially show cars...and even more particular HIN show cars.....There are many things about the car world that I dislike....and this is the thing I hate the most...is people shooting their mouth about things they dont know. I know these show cars aren't everyones taste and style. But a simple.."nice but not my taste" is more appropriate than " And I could beat him any day on any track" Assuming that engine parts are not functionable and that I didn't complete any of the work myself....Is just that....assuming.
    OWNED!!!

ive been here for a few months now... and this site is like any other.. you got the guys like the mods of TGC who know wtf they are talking about, and you got the guys who dont. dont sweat it. and dont let this thread make you think poorly of the people on this site. dont let a couple overopinionated uninformed people spoil the trouble, blood, sweat, tears, and frustration that im quite positive have gone into your car. honestly, i love your car and i was EXTREMELY proud to see a G sittin that pretty. the automotive industry needs to see more G's like yours so they can realize its huge potential which you have demonstrated to the fullest...

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    ScottsNCGalant I think your car is very nice.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

WarmAndSCSI
    that one guy really had it out for me.....It almost sounded like he was trying to pick a fight with me.
    This is why I hate Internet message boards sometimes. No, just because I had an opinion about some of your mods that you don't like doesn't mean I have anything against you. EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion.

Just because you (and others) are pissed that I don't absolutely love your car is not going to change any of my opinions. Nor does it mean I am any less informed than any other person. You have a really nice show car. Congratulations. Just because I said a few things you (more so others) took to be negative (although most of my comments were completely irrelevant) in response to others' comments doesn't mean I hate you.

Well first things first...It takes alot more than this to get me "pissed"......Its cool with me....Opinions are like assholes.....everybody has one and everbody is going to use it. Good luck on your car.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast