The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Supercharged 8g Decked out = MONEY

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 182
    Its only running around 7 psi, and actually the car is at a local shop right now being tuned on the dyno. And also Ripp's/Vortech's supercharger systems do not require a front mount...all belt driven. Im gonna be getting it back probably tuesday or wednesday of next week...I have to get it back next week...cus I will be at HIN DC April 21st.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    All superchargers are belt driven, but any form of forced induction should be intercooled. Your just asking for problems running non-intercooled! Talk to the shop, see what it would take to get a FMIC or SMIC setup!
    7g for life!

Im not questioning your knowledge, but there isn't a Ripp/Vortech supercharged car out there that is intercooled...check it out. www.rippmods.com www.vortechsuperchargers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsNCGalant
    I agree with you totally GNZ, it will not appeal to people geared only torwards performance...I agree 100%, but what I disagree with is how people that are like that have such an attitude problem sometimes torwards cars like mine. Im still waiting for a response from "Los" (In the spirit of healthy car show competition) If he would want to compete his galant against mine at HIN DC? Just good clean car show competition
    there's only a few 8G galants in the country that are hooked up enough to be parked next to yours... 1 in florida, 1 (maybe 2) in california, 1 in nevada, 1 (maybe 2) in NY/NJ, 1 in texas, and i know i'm forgetting a few in the midwest.... but definately less than 10 that i know of.
    true man... Scotts car is sick as hell!.... I still have a bit to go..but do plan on getting there.

I hate to break it to you "Los" but yeah all those gauges serve a purpose...the reason I went with what you call a "park bench" wing is b/c I was either going with a carbon trunk or a carbon wing...I picked the wing...the roof scoop was to go along with the overall extreme body modifications. And obviously you've never participated or been to a HIN show, b/c 90% of cars at HIN are what you would call "overly done". It would be like me saying " whats up with your paint...wheels...and I guess theres nothing else to say" but I want say that. But since I see your from Maryland....I'll be pretty close to you in a couple of weeks at the HIN DC show...maybe you should register your car...I mean we would both be in the same category 4 door mild....lets just see what HIN thinks? I hate to be this way, but lets show and compete against each other at this show. April 21st HIN DC........see you there?
    You're right I've never participated in HIN. I was going to start this year but, honestly I lost a lot of interest in the show scene late last year. It's too much work trying to keep a show car that gets driven daily. I even have my NCCA membership and I was working towards competing this year. Needless to say i won't be doing any shows, I just don't have time and money. I like having my lightly modded daily driver, as apposed to a full out show car, that I can barely drive. Oh yeah another thing you're in 4 door mild??? All those mods and you're still in MILD. I guess that's what I never like about the show scene. Competeting with Mild cars that get trailered and cars that sometimes don't even start it's not really a fair scene. There's just something about being subtle and still be able to compete. Anyways I've never been into scoops and wings so to each his own. Not sure if I like the tails, but it a cleaner job than most. I always thought that show cars aren't about how many hood or roof scoops you have or how many gauges you can cram into the driver and passenger areas, or about how many mods you can do to you're ride. Like I said to each his own. I like subtle lines and clean rides. There's plenty of things you can do with or without when doing shows. I get lots on compliments on my color combo, so whatever. Like I said I was working towards doing shows, hence the colors. I might be coming to HIN, but only as a spectator. Thanks for the offer of friendly competition. If I was even half ready I might take you up on it, but I'm not even close. Haven't given my ride any TLC recently in form of $$$. :(

Do you drive it often at all or is it just mainly car show use? ? Because having a show car and driving it on the regular is a pain in the ass. I ask because I know how much work it is to keep up with if its driven often.
    shogun8g: I feel gay

super

no intercooler but they do have after coolers which has less psi drop and are in the engine bay... very small though as superchargers dont make much heat
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i dont think he drives that often fellas

This is answering Skillz911....yeah I do drive it, and I totally agree with you it is difficult to maintain a high quality show piece and drive it every day I totally agree with you. I do drive every once in a while...especially on these beautiful NC dayz...good looking pictures of your car..love the silver on carbon.

Hey Los, when I said that about your "paint and wheels" it was an example of what you said about my "roof scoop, tail light conversion, wing, and gauges" I never said I didn't like them..I love the gold wheels...they look very similiar to the Volk line. Looks really good, but my point was exactly what you said " I get a lot of compliments on my color and wheel combo" and I also get the same compliments on exactly what you said you didn't like..thats all...every body has different taste. Although Im not quite sure why you would go to the HIN show when 90-95% of the cars there will be just like mine....and Im just a mild car....which means even more stuff that you will hate to see on the wild and elite cars.

hey scott, how did you find us btw? did someone tell you about this thread or were you a member before?

TGC Regular
    Car looks real nice. I'm just not feeling the spoiler though. Just my $0.02

When I was at the HIN Dallas show this past October...I met a few people down there that told me I should join...so its been since about late October...early November.

did you use a eclipse model to get the right Rotora's for your car?
    Team Captain for Valvoline/Eagle One

No, they do make applications for the 4 cyl. as well as the v6, Is your car a v6 or a 4 cyl? Im actually getting ready to put v6 ass end on my car...becase Rotora makes a v6 rear brake system...so I will have the same set up on the back as I do the front. The guy at Rotora you should talk to is a guy named Lauren...yes its a guy. Hope this helps.

helps alot! i never thought to look at the website first im a little slow lol, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    All superchargers are belt driven, but any form of forced induction should be intercooled. Your just asking for problems running non-intercooled! Talk to the shop, see what it would take to get a FMIC or SMIC setup!
    when they get enough boost, the ripp guys run methanol injection to cool the charge (stage 2 and 3). VEGASMATT was one fo the first run this setup on our platform.

Quote Originally Posted by o2xtype
    I agree with you totally GNZ, it will not appeal to people geared only torwards performance...I agree 100%, but what I disagree with is how people that are like that have such an attitude problem sometimes torwards cars like mine. Im still waiting for a response from "Los" (In the spirit of healthy car show competition) If he would want to compete his galant against mine at HIN DC? Just good clean car show competition
    there's only a few 8G galants in the country that are hooked up enough to be parked next to yours... 1 in florida, 1 (maybe 2) in california, 1 in nevada, 1 (maybe 2) in NY/NJ, 1 in texas, and i know i'm forgetting a few in the midwest.... but definately less than 10 that i know of.

Maybe 2 in Nevada? lol
    yours was one of the ones that came to mind... and VEGASMATT.

Maybe 2 in Nevada? lol
    yours was one of the ones that came to mind... and VEGASMATT.
    i was just playing. my car is all torn apart right now till the new back bumper comes

Censee
    did you use a eclipse model to get the right Rotora's for your car?
    i think u could also use the evo 8 application since the evo brakes fit our cars in all 4 corners too

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast