The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Supercharged 8g Decked out = MONEY

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 182
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Generally superchargers arent inter/aftercooled until they start to develope high boost and even then not all are cooled (example: Top Fuel). Seeing as the compressor housing isnt attatched to an exhaust turbine that creates more heat than any pully driven system could. Up until recently most supercharged cars where not cooled in any way as roots type applications do not easily allow such devices. Centi's started the methanol stuff and now using more plenum on roots boosted cars like alpine developments kit you can fit a air/water aftercooler on supercharged vehicles.

Scott, you've done alot of work to that car, but my opinion is still that if it has a cage, it will live on the racetrack.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I understand what your saying, but still there are many HIN show cars that have cages that will never see a track...just like mine. but still dont underestimate...It will still get up and go

just saw the pics and all the posts! -very nice g, what part of NC u in, and what car shows do you go to in NC near the coast. - wouldn't mind seeing your g in person. -
    Semper Fi'

i cant believe that this has taken up 6 pages... wow

I live in Lexington, NC but its near High Point, Winston, and Greensboro...I live in that general area. I live in Lexington, but I commute every day to school at UNCG. Where do you live?? Im gonna be at the HIN charlotte show in July...maybe you can catch that event.

I remember your car from a Lexington car show last year, My car was bone stock at the time.

Its only been in 1 show in Lexington...So whats your name?? where you from??? what you drive???

My name is David, I live out in Charlotte, and I drive a 01 Galant. I go to Greensboro from time to time to help move some of my sisters stuff around she goes to UNCG too.

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    i touch myself at night

Quote Originally Posted by Censee
    Quote Originally Posted by o2xtype
    did you use a eclipse model to get the right Rotora's for your car?
    i think u could also use the evo 8 application since the evo brakes fit our cars in all 4 corners too

cool thanks :D
    Team Captain for Valvoline/Eagle One

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03
    i touch myself at night

i touch him as well at night :smt064
    Team Captain for Valvoline/Eagle One

i touch myself at night

i touch pedro's mom at night.

the car is very nicely executed.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    LOL! I never paid attention to this thread, but then I noticed the "read count" was too high, so there was definitely something going on...

Not exactly my style, but yeah its a nice car and very well done. Props to the workmanship.

I can't afford those kinds of mods, I'm poor. :(

I love almost everything about this G-ride. Way to represent!

Censee
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    i touch myself at night

i touch pedro's mom at night.

the car is very nicely executed.
    i touch ure sister......

I still don't get how to build a 'show car'.

Do you first spend a lot of money on mods, then hope that some sponsors give you more money? I don't mind Sparco, Tein, K&N or whatever else to 'sponsor' me.

I like it, sure the spoiler isnt all that great, but the rear looks good, the trunk was done nice to work with those tails and those fender flares are HOT!!!! he is still an auto though, but for a show car he doesnt need a 5spd.

Basically Gladiator, it all comes down to convincing the sponsor that helping you in the way you ask is going to give them a good return on their investment. So if you show them that you goto three shows a month, race and Import Tuner is going to do an article on your car in 6 months, than you have a much better chance of getting something than just saying you take your car to shows and like what they make for your car.

And then there's partial sponsorships (real nice discounts) and full sponsorships. To get a free ride you'd really have to prove that you'll be getting the word out for them.

The more polite and articulate you are with them, and the more thought out and unique your plan is, the more likely they are to pay attention to you.

Most of them will tell you exactly what they would need from you in exchange for full sponsorship if you ask them. For instance, this is how one of my partial sponsors responded when I asked them. "We require guaranteed media coverage and at least ten major events per season.". Others, like Tein, have told me that they will only sponsor those who are actively racing and they won't be awarding new sponsorships til next year.

Just poke around, be polite and when cold contacting them make sure you say exactly what you want and what you are willing to do in return, in detail.

Oh and expect to be turned down constantly. And remember that they are looking for partners, not just a rolling advertisement.

Of course, what do I know... I'm still working on getting a decent sponsorship deal m'self. :?

I know that car clubs can get some sponsors. The car club I'm in has a partial sponsorship w/ andysautosport.com so we get discounts.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast