The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Supercharged 8g Decked out = MONEY

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 182
    The only thing I can tell you is how I went about doing things...I set up a professional photo shoot with the car, and sent out these pictures to every company I was interested in thats how I got involved with Madfish Customs on the audio system, Ripp, and Rotora, although Ripp only gave me a big discount. ( Im not too happy with them, but thats another story). So thats how I went about doing things.

so you did all the bodywork first and then the SC, audio, and brakes were added on at the end?

Yeah, thats pretty much..the sequence of events. The only thing is that Madfish Customs who did the audio sponsered me before the professional photo shoot. That was just a stroke of luck if you ask me...I was at the right place at the right time.

scotty boy beam me up,the g looks good not feeling the lexus tail.......hahaha..just kidding.I see a lot of the same things that im doing and gotta give u mad props.At the end of the day not everyone is going to understand why or how or even if it should be done.Just do u and have fun doing it.Im not much of a show guy but u got to do alot to compete,nice job on the G.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Quote Originally Posted by o2xtype
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsNCGalant
    I agree with you totally GNZ, it will not appeal to people geared only torwards performance...I agree 100%, but what I disagree with is how people that are like that have such an attitude problem sometimes torwards cars like mine. Im still waiting for a response from "Los" (In the spirit of healthy car show competition) If he would want to compete his galant against mine at HIN DC? Just good clean car show competition
    there's only a few 8G galants in the country that are hooked up enough to be parked next to yours... 1 in florida, 1 (maybe 2) in california, 1 in nevada, 1 (maybe 2) in NY/NJ, 1 in texas, and i know i'm forgetting a few in the midwest.... but definately less than 10 that i know of.

Maybe 2 in Nevada? lol
    No he is right there is only 1. And its Krispy...doh.
    Love,
    Matt

The only thing I can tell you is how I went about doing things...I set up a professional photo shoot with the car, and sent out these pictures to every company I was interested in thats how I got involved with Madfish Customs on the audio system, Ripp, and Rotora, although Ripp only gave me a big discount. ( Im not too happy with them, but thats another story). So thats how I went about doing things.
    Whats the problem with Ripp if you dont mind me asking? You can PM me if you do not want it in the open. I love a good Ripp story being an ex-SDS'er and all.
    Love,
    Matt

No, I dont mind putting it out in the open, I have nothing to be ashamed of or hide. Basically it starts back to about a year ago, when I sent them the pictures, in which I recieved a call from them the very next day and was told that I would be in the running at the end of the year for a full sponsorship. There was an Eclipse, Tiburon, and my car, as the best 3 cars that had seen (according to them). Anyways when I started having problems with my car...they wouldn't return my calls...they didn't want to talk to me...and only two weeks Ripp told the guy that was tuning my car on the dyno basically that "they didn't know whats wrong, some cars accept there SDS systems and some dont... oh well" So thats pretty much why I have a slight problem. Oh yeah and also they even requsted additional pictures of my car back in Decmeber...and that was basically it....I never heard anything else. But obviously the car they decided to give the full sponsorship to was the eclipse..because its all over thier website. But thats just about the full story. In my opinion they just dont seem to care about tech questions and problems with they arise.

Censee
    what was the problems u had with their kit??

Lots of compatability issues....My car just wasn't wanting to accept and agree with all the modifications we were trying to do. Lot of ECU problems...that was producing a bad sputter sound when hit at a certain rpm..but I just got it back this past week from turbo tune..a local shop..that has cured the problem....finally.

Censee
    Lots of compatability issues....My car just wasn't wanting to accept and agree with all the modifications we were trying to do. Lot of ECU problems...that was producing a bad sputter sound when hit at a certain rpm..but I just got it back this past week from turbo tune..a local shop..that has cured the problem....finally.
    did u get the kit with the black box??.... i remember vegassmatt has one of their kits but i think he had one of their first versions and it came with another type of engine management that would detune itself for some reason....it would lose the tune after awhile..

Yeah I got the complete kit...I got the black box...and the brat box.

I had the HKS AFR unit which never held the tune. It sound like Scott's problem and the problem I had were very similar. I ended up blowing two motors then decided to dump the SDS. Right after that they came out with the black box for the Galant. I'll never know if it would have worked or not with the black box. I think from time to time of just ordering another SDS system but not sure if I want to deal with the headaches. I like what Boozstalot has done with the 4g74 swap, and I am interested in doing that as a next project.
    Love,
    Matt

Hey, just curious what did " Boozstalot" do? Just curious

Everyone I've ever spoken to around here in Colorado has told me that the first thing they do when they get a RIPP kit, is to throw away the black box and replace it with a Greddy eManage blue or ultimate.

Thats interesting...I've never heard that. So they have had better luck? Since I've had it tuned...It has ran so much better and solid. Also..have they not any type of compatibility issues with the Greddy e-manage system?

Hey, just curious what did " Boozstalot" do? Just curious
    Swapped the 4g74 out of the Diamante into the Galant. Bolts right in and more displacement.
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    Everyone I've ever spoken to around here in Colorado has told me that the first thing they do when they get a RIPP kit, is to throw away the black box and replace it with a Greddy eManage blue or ultimate.
    I heard the same out here, I wish I would have ran the Greddy Emanage blue when I had the SDS, I bet it would kick ass. I think someone on this site is selling one for around 600 in the FS forum.

He lowered the price to 550 and its for the ultimate, I should jump on this myself.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=55714
    Love,
    Matt

Censee
    hey scott,, did u get that radiator shroud/cover custom made??/ ive been looking for soemthing like that for awhile....looks alot cleaner...

Yeah, I had a local performance shop build it for me...yeah it does clean things up...they said it was pretty aggravating though.

Censee
    whats it made of??

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast