The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: paint my G

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

paint my G

Can someone paint my G this blue?

Thanks...and don't color match the grill...

TGC Regular
    i remember someone actually wanting to paint theur g same color and provided same pic lol. i will do it for you if i got time tonight.

WarmAndSCSI
    A really quick job... It was really hard to pull off with the lack of contrast on your car - too washed out.

edit: I made a few changes to make it look better.

TGC Regular
    dam i dont think i will have time tonight, but, warm, use colorburn, maybe it will work better. should at least hence the color of the viper is burnt.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by lKoRTy
    dam i dont think i will have time tonight, but, warm, use colorburn, maybe it will work better. should at least hence the color of the viper is burnt.
    I used a color burn and a colorized layer. It's really hard to get the look just "right" on a washed out pic of a white car. Much easier on a high-contrast color like dark gray or red.

If you stand back, the blue doesn't look too bad; minus the parts where it's really bright because of the original bright white there. Try your luck, though, I gave it my shot.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    A really quick job... It was really hard to pull off with the lack of contrast on your car - too washed out.

edit: I made a few changes to make it look better.
    thanks man, I just wanted an idea of how it would look roughly. With the clear coat coming off like it is, I figure a paint job is in the near future. Just trying to explore my options. Blue is definitly a choice now, but the grill would stay black. Thanks

WarmAndSCSI
    Yeah, the grill is actually still black in the pic, I just think I messed up the color balance when I was making the grill and lights look less "washed out."

TGC Regular
    bah im late lol aint it. oh well, heres mine. a lil diff shade of blu.

lkorty wins. he changed the reflection in the water to blue!

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    on the front, not the side

TGC Regular
    hey, still counts lol. i was in a hurry lol.

lol, you guys see the smallest detail.. im not posting any more pics of my car...
    lol, if i dont see it, i probably dont want to :D :D

I know this is old but i was messing with photo shop and was just wondering how you guyz are painting the cars? I have been colorizing photos by sending them to grayscale and then making a new layer and setting it to color and using the paint brush. I tried to make a new layer and use color and paint but i found out that wont work as the light on the hood wouldnt change is there another way of doing this?

select the image with the magic wand or the trace lasso tool, hit controll + B
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Well what i usually do is make a new layer and take a brush and set it color and then color the image and anything i cover over just hit the white and acts like a eraser....Cause that is basically doing the same thing im doing cause i cant get where the glare on the front driver side to change in color it just stay s white