The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need some help on rear sway bar mod

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

need some help on rear sway bar mod

I have a friend who owes me a favor who co-runs a junkyard :D . I want to do the rear swaybar on my G but need to know a few things. I need to know if the sway bar and lower control arms on the rear come off an Eclipse GST that has ABS/no ABS,drum/disc rear brakes, turbo/non turbo, 420A/4g63. I already have the brackets bushings and end links. Hes gonna just give these items to me(I drove 100 miles to help him:he broke down because the radiator hose busted in the middle of nowhere)
    I read the tutorial that was on here but did not metion these things(or I overlooked these while searching)BTW I have drums on my G if you need that info and I have no ABS.
    Thanks
    Chris

I would look for the bar off of a GST or GSX. I'm pretty sure it makes no difference if your disc/drum or abs/non-abs but you might want to check with someone like peano who has done the mod already.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If it has rear drum its an RS and they dont have rear sway bars. GSX rear is 19mm, GST is 15 or 18mm, and the GS is 12mm. No differences in the endlinks or control arms, just depending on the model, the size of the bar is different.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Get the gst bar. I had the gsx bar and it was hitting the exhaust swaped over to the gst bar and all was good. btw gst bar = 15mm
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***