The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: More Upgrades

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    WarmAndSCSI

More Upgrades

I'm bored, so I thought I'd give an update on my modifications.

Currently, I'm running a stage 2 pulley from RIPP on the SDS, along with a methanol cooling system from Snow Performance (was $100 cheaper than RIPP FYI). This makes about 11-12 PSI at the top end. All of this is running on new stock-bore forged CP Pistons I bought from Russ over at Tearstone (it's always a pleasure to work with them; highly recommended!).

Overall, it's a great setup. It's really easy to tune with the EManage Ultimate and the Eclipse GTS Manifold seems to make tuning a little easier. The car is SO much faster than it was stock; it's unbelievable how much potential the 6G72 has once you put some money and work into it.

The next things I plan on doing are the following:
    • Install Diamante throttlebody after matching the GTS plenum's opening
      Remove the butterflies (used for variable induction) from the GTS plenum
      Fix the RIPP PCV setup that allows the lower intake manifold to draw in unmetered air through the rear bank's breather (the front and rear crank cases are connected after all)
      Install the RIPP crank pulley (Stage 3 setup)
      Install the RIPP belt tensioner

After this, the engine should be making quite a bit of HP at the crank (approx. 450) while running 20+ PSI. Not quite sure what it'll dyno at; last time, it was 231 WHP on a Mustang Dyno when I was Stage 1 with no headers :oops:.

I've been guilty of not taking any pictures during my installs, so I'll see what I can do for these mods. The only pictures of anything I've worked on are the ones of boostzealot's engine swap (in my garage 8)). It's a shame I don't have any pictures of the SDS install, the piston swap, or the various other jobs I've done right here in my garage.

Please ask any questions! I'm always willing to lend some advice.

any update need some pics and videos! pronto :D