The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How rare is this?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

How rare is this?

I just found one outback at work. Its a v6 5-speed. Dont know whats wrong with it but looks powerful. Everything is stock in it including the radio with tape deck under it. The interior is perfect. The only thing is someone put tint on the back window and peeled it off and looks like crap. Its also a ugly brown color and needs to be washed. Its weird how the controls are setup on the steering wheel. Ill ask about it tomorrow and see if it runs. Its been there for at least a year and I think the owner forgot it.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The 3.0V6 was a nice motor back then and now.

isnt that a 5g ?

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattalicslvr8g02
    isnt that a 5g ?
    ive never seen one...... but it looks nice for and old car.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice find.

if im correct...that should be the "sigma" back in the late 80's...when i look up galant at my job in late 80's there is one year where the galant is missing...well not missing it was called sigma..that year there was only the 3.0L v6 and no 4cyl galant...then they went back to the 2.0L galant until the 2.4L came out..
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

Yes indeed its a sigma. Its not for sale but heres whats wrong with it: no 1st or 2nd gear(obsolite parts) engine overheated,oil light on, air shocks and compressor shot(cannot retro fit regular shock unless homemade brakets are used) Tech was working on it and because obsolite parts stopped work. I would LOVE to own it. I believe it is a 5g. Would look good sitting next to my 7g :D

Quote Originally Posted by whokilledhoughes
    if im correct...that should be the "sigma" back in the late 80's...when i look up galant at my job in late 80's there is one year where the galant is missing...well not missing it was called sigma..that year there was only the 3.0L v6 and no 4cyl galant...then they went back to the 2.0L galant until the 2.4L came out..

It was actually the "Galant Sigma" it was availible during the run of the 5G Galant.

It is a sigma, I've actually taken part in taking that car apart peice by peice on video for 8 hours. It was evidence in a criminal car case.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by whokilledhoughes

It was actually the "Galant Sigma" it was availible during the run of the 5G Galant.
    you are correct but when you go get a part at an auto parts its called sigma only...even tho the car actually has a galant badge on it...so when u go look parts for it and u say galant, they wont find it that year, only under sigma...i work at advance auto...thats how i know this...
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

It's a 5th generation Galant technically - but they were badged Sigma in some markets. In Japan it was called the Galant, or Galant Eterna depending if hardtop or not.

In New Zealand, some European countries, and America they were called the Sigma. In Japan the first gen Diamante took over the Sigma badge in 1990 on the lower spec models.

I have owned two 5th gen Galants before - one a 2L DASH 3x2 Turbo, and another a nanna-spec 2L automatic.

They come in a range of engine sizes right from 1600cc 4G32 carburettor through to 2L 4G63 SOHC 3x2V ECI-Turbo (200hp) through to 3L 6G72 SOHC 12V (150hp). There was even a model called the V2000 which has a 6G71 2000cc SOHC 12V engine.

In Australia, the 5th gen was the basis for their first Magna. They took the 5th gen shell, widened it three inches and dropped in a 4G54 2555cc engine adapted to FWD (and very poorly at that too).

The 6th gen chassis is pretty much the same as the 5th gen - the rear suspension is identical, as with the front crossmembers etc.

I know the 5th and 6th gen Galants inside out pretty much so if anyone has further questions just ask ;)

very rare, actually I've seen one out here in vegas when in was driving to work last year by sunrise hospital. it pulled right next to me at a stoplight and it was quiet with good acceleration
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Those were really nice cars back in the day ! It would be sweet to slam that old thing

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    i know mine wasn't a galant nor a sigma, but my old tredia was comfy as fuck. would just sink in them seats back then

I only ever saw one in the junkyard, it was definitey a galant, but Im thinking around 86 or 87? This one had a 2.4 multiport but also had jetvalves, just like the 90-91 Sonata. I think I nabbed the fuel injectors from it.
    91 Galant GS, 7G 2.4 DOHC conversion 9.5:1 CR, 4 speed auto, 15" Mitsu rally wheels, 19560r15 Hankook Optimo
    98 Chevy Metro, 1.3 16V, 5 speed manual, 14" wheels
    96 Geo Metro, 1.0 3 cyl, XFI trans and cam, 64 MPG
    94 Hyundai Elantra, 7G 2.4 DOHC conversion, 10:1 CR, 5 speed, 19560r15 Falken ZE 912, 2.25 catback *****SOLD******