The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: torque converter

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

torque converter

ive been doin some research on some possible transmission changes do to now my galant is boosted. im not sure if i want to do a 5sp swap just yet because ill be short on cash for a while but i was wondering if anyone new much about torque converters. i know that upgrading it would give me more hp potential and i know a little about them from installing them on go-karts but if anybody had some info on a torque converter for the galant i would appreciate it. tearstone has a street one for $450 but i can get one for $350 on ebay (but i wouldnt trust that one). thanks
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    For that amount of dough the 5spd swap is feasible.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I was thinking about this same question. I mean it does say that the street one can handle up to 300hp, while the Pro series gets you up to 500hp. I wouldn't mind having one. Maybe it shifts quicker or extends the rpms a little. I do not know for sure.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Sure the torque converter could handle that power but theres no way the stock 7g auto trans itself would. Your best bet is a 2g GST auto trans.
    7g for life!

Bro for that price you can get the whole 5 speed swap for your galant, i am currently selling my additional 5 speed tranny that comes with everything you need to make the swap, the only thing i suggest is getting yourself a new clutch and flywheel since the stock ones have some miles on them. Let me know if you are interested in the tranny.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

na, im not gonna do the 5sp swap untill next year, im goin to college soon so i cant afford much and i need my car. plus i would have to pay someone to install the 5sp which i dont have the time or money to do. the torque converter idea was just floatin in my head because i could afford just that and i could have my brother install it in less than a day. and also if i were to do the swap, i would want one with very low miles and good parts in it, preferably a rebuilt one with all new parts. thats why i want to wait for the swap, so i can save for a good tranny and when i have more time.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"