The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AWD conversion?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    hi there you have been PM'ing me about this and I haven't got back to you yet....

well i haven't been underneath my car since the car rolled out of the container that brought it in so it's a bit hard.

Also take into account that I don't know what rear subframe you are going to use my measurement may be utterly useless to you. (my VR4 has, of course, a VR4 rear end with a diff in it, if you are going to use a Eclipse rear subframe it might not be the same....)

so let me know more specifics before I go mambo under my car with a ruler for you....:smt091

Better off towing the car to the shop ad have the make it with the car. My friend had a driveshaft made for 396cid in a GMC truck (aluminum shaft) for about $250. Call them ahaed of time and explain what you need.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yeah I dont think it would be good to use somebody else's measurements and have your custom driveshaft made and it not fit. Better off to get the awd trans/transfer case in the car, carrier bearing mounted, rear 2g shaft instaled, and rear subframe/diff installed, then make your measurements.

Or you could go with a full one piece shaft, but Id rather keep it stock design and go with a 2 piece.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Your best bet is finding a 95-97 2g AWD chassis..for some reason 98-99 2g's used a different front crossmember and some of the bolt points on the rear crossmember are different. Nothing drastic..but the 95-97 are pretty much identical..so swapping parts and welding and bolt locations are spot on.

Swapping a Evolution rear end is much more work and time to fit. Bolting points are no where near the same and the wheel base is much wider on the Evo's.

A custom driveshaft will have to be made, the 2g's are not long enough.
    thats going to suck getting one custom made. Isn't the 1g/2g driveshaft a 3 piece driveshaft?
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12