The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SMIC?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

SMIC?

so I'm still coollecting parts for the turbo set-up, my question is how efficient is a SMIC? Its either I go with Tearstones smallest FMIC or a slightly bigger than a stock DSM SMIC. How big would the biggest SMIC be?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Meh, you dont want an SMIC unless you like heatsoak. Why wont you go with an FMIC?
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Meh, you dont want an SMIC unless you like heatsoak. Why wont you go with an FMIC?
    just exploring options, kinda sleeperish looking, just didnt know how efficient it is. Seth, if you were to boost a stock SOHC 4G64 considering the fuel system will be upgraded but evrything else is stock what would you do? I wanna play with this motor a little.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Id go FMIC. SMIC can handle some power, but not in the middle of the summer trying to make several passes down the 1/4, they will heatsoak. DSM guys either upgrade to the Supra SMIC or the Dejon Tool SMIC. But considering how cheap FMICs are nowadays, I dont see the need. If you keep the stock center grill section it will hid the FMIC pretty good, plus if you paint it black or use some black mesh.

But you ought to get the new Forced Performance cast manifold and run a ported Evo3 16g :)

Teh hotness!
    7g for life!

does the exhaust housing come fused with the manifold? cuz I still have that 15G awaiting a 14B exhaust housing and that manifold is pretty tempting.

Its just a manifold. No DSM manifold I am aware of has hte turbo exhaust housing built into it. And dont get a 14b housing, get a 7cm^2 big 16g/evo3 16g housing :)
    7g for life!

Its just a manifold. No DSM manifold I am aware of has hte turbo exhaust housing built into it. And dont get a 14b housing, get a 7cm^2 big 16g/evo3 16g housing :)
    yeah, I was looking into that too. Turbochargers.com has them. and its by v-band so its perfect! do you know the flange?

Standard Mitsu flange.
    7g for life!

this is what Im looking into, for 225 is that a bit pricey? it is brand new. And Im also looking into an AGP turbo block-off plate for the bpv on the trbine housing so I can use a 1G DSM BOV

Yah for $225 or a bit more you could just get a used Big 16g or Evo3 16g. IMO, sell t he 15g on eBay and get an Evo3 16g.
    7g for life!

Yah for $225 or a bit more you could just get a used Big 16g or Evo3 16g. IMO, sell t he 15g on eBay and get an Evo3 16g.
    good idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/big-1...06008592QQrdZ1

Deal right there, thats an awesome porting job. You just have to shop around, wait for the good deals to come around :)
    7g for life!

from what ive seen you have to hack up the front bumper something vicious to get the small tearstone fmic to fit. unless icedout has a different one
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    from what ive seen you have to hack up the front bumper something vicious to get the small tearstone fmic to fit. unless icedout has a different one
    From what I can tell, he had to hack is bumper up as well. His flops out at the bottom just like mine.

Do you guys still have the stock crashbar? If so, ditch it, make your own out of tubular steel and some brackets. And you have to get rid of the stock Auto trans cooler and PS lines, frees up a lot of room!
    7g for life!

Do you guys still have the stock crashbar? If so, ditch it, make your own out of tubular steel and some brackets. And you have to get rid of the stock Auto trans cooler and PS lines, frees up a lot of room!
    thats what im doing, cuz I want to try keep the lower grill.

Experienced TGC Member
    I took the crash bar out. The tranny cooler for the 8Gs (atleast the V6) is inside the radiator. And IDK about removing the power steering line.

Either way, its not too difficult to fix. A litte fabrication of some bumper supports should do the trick.