The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 speed swap...

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

5 speed swap...

I didn't know where to put this, so I figured here was as good a place as any. I'm considering doing a 5 speed swap, and am trying to ballpark a figure on what it would cost me to do it. So, does anyone have all the parts (I just don't have the time to go junkyard diving anymore) to do the swap and if so, what would they cost me (I don't need the trans itself, the clutch, or the flywheel) Note: this is not a WTB thing, I'm just trying to get a feel for what this would cost. As I'm trying to decide if I should get the Galant back to DD status, or just sell it, cut my losses and move on.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Really depends where you are shopping. I could get a complete 5spd swap at the j-yard for $350 including trans. If you need the pedals and shifter base let me know, I could get them for probably $20 a piece at my yard. Shifter cables are harder to come by as they would need to be from a 7g 5spd and theres only a few ever 6 months or so at my yard.

Its always best to buy the master/slave cylinder new and they are $30 a piece. And Id recommend the SS Goodridge Master -> slave line from SBR for $70 as well.

If you havent already:
    http://socallifestyle.com/tutorial/partslist.html
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    I got all the parts for my swap for $130 8)

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

i have everything u need pedals and all only thing i dont have is a clutch u can use the stock one but i wouldnt recommend it i just got an evo looking to sell the tranny

Quote Originally Posted by njjfudge
    I got all the parts for my swap for $130 8)
    good price
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    if i remember right, i spent a total of $425 on my swap. Majority of the dough was for the tranny, everything else was cake due to the fact of where I work and all. Like Seth would say go to a pick and pull and it'll come out cheaper than you think

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Sounds like you have all the costly parts of the swap, the misc parts you have left to get sounds like pedals, cables, shift assembly, shifter, cables, and master Cyl. You say you don't have time, but you could pull those parts pretty quick from a JY and probably pay less than $100 for all those parts. Not sure what you'd pay through a dealer. You could always check some online JY's