The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CARFAX ERROR?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 36

CARFAX ERROR?

So I went to check out my carfax.. umm the dealership claims its a 2000 but the carfax is reporting 1999, you think it's an error or what's going on? how do i double check? how accurate is carfax in years, my buddy said they're not do accurate since his caddy is a 1989 and it reported it as 1990.. anyway here's the carfax

if someone can post the pics and Fuck tel me why my pics don't work when i do what it says in order for the pics to show up?!?

THIS IS THE CAR'S VIN# 4A3AA46G2XE034755

I THink the 0 in the vin# is for 2000? no?
    but i just found out...

X – 1999

Y – 2000

FUCK SO IT'S A 1999? AND THE DEALERSHIP WAS LIEING TO ME? IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO DOUBLE CHECK the year of the vehicle?

i also see a loan/lien reported wtf does that mean and how do wek now if it's cleared?

open your driver's side front door and look at the sticker that is on the back side of the door jam. it is from the factory and will tell you the month and year your vehicle was manufactured. there is also an emissons sticker on the underside of your hood that i believe has that info as well.

also, IMO, mileage is a larger concern than a 1 year diff seeing as how they are the same as far as i know. but still, that's pretty sheisty if the dealer falsely advertised. i would confront if thats the case. what does your registration say?

As far as I know Carfax has always been right.

Anticon - cool Denver skyline pic in the sig. =)

Build year and model year are not always the same, that's how the auto-industry works. Your sticker by the door will tell you when the car was built.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    Build year and model year are not always the same, that's how the auto-industry works. Your sticker by the door will tell you when the car was built.
    Yep. According to the sticker on the door of my car, it says it was made in July of 1998. But according to the VIN# it's a '99 model.

mine is october 98.. its a 99.. its not liek its a 00
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

carfax is not always right. there was a classaction lawsuit against carfax before and carfax lost.

theres also a post on evom about a guy buying a car that was wrecked but it didnt show up in carfax. insurance agency was able to pull up the info somehow tho.

hey boys what about the lien/loan reported. how do i know if that's clear?!?

Quote Originally Posted by mapid145
    mine is october 98.. its a 99.. its not liek its a 00
    Yeah but the new Lancer came out in 07 but the label says 08, see how it works?

yeah my car was built in August 2000, but it was built as a 2001 model. they have to build the car one year before so they actually have the model year in stock
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

mine is still fucked up, cause it's sept 1998, and it's claimed to be a 2000, but the carfax is reporting a 1999. wtf...

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by split.5050
    mine is still fucked up, cause it's sept 1998, and it's claimed to be a 2000, but the carfax is reporting a 1999. wtf...
    wouldnt' a 98 be a 7g??

yea but if the vehicle is made in 1998 it can still be a future model, you know what i mean? but still my situation is different than the other members on here, mine is off by 2 years not 1..

wasnt there something about the 99s that made it different from the 00.. its not a major thing but something.. i forgot wat is

they had cassette players
    ewwww
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

hey.. theres WAS nothing wrong with that.. i had a 10cd changer.. the mfr: sanyo.. i went to best buy.. asked the audio car guy.. if he has a sanyo changer or w/e.. he goes.. wtf is sanyo..kinda funny

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    they had cassette players
    ewwww
    the stereo was removed. there goes my evidence lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast