The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2 Way Alarms

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

2 Way Alarms

Hey guys I am looking into the two alarms. I was wondering if they are considerably dependable and really work in long distance of an mile.

I been looking at DEI

Python
    Audiovox
    Clifford

I just want to here some experiences with them and what do you guys recommend having. Such as proximity sensors, shock sensors etc.

the best way to protect your stuff is insurance. depending where you live and how careful you are, a 2 way alarm might help. i know i have a 2 way code alarm. proximity sensors are a no for me since i park in a crowded parking lot at work. shock sensors work too but they can be too sensitive sometimes. i had to turn mine down because my alarm would go off when the garbage truck passed by in the morning.

alarms will help, 2 ways might help a bit, but being smart and having insurance is the best bet. also, a 2 way wont always be best. sure you would know if someone breaks into your car, but what if you run out and the guy has a gun?
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    proximity alarms work if you put em in the right place and tune em right.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

i go with the clifford/python. ive had mine since about 02 and they do work, but if your inside a mall or somewhere they wont work just heads up. but thier great in college/school since it saved me few times
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

whats a proximity?

like if somthing passes a certain point then the alarm will go off?
    what if a squirrel crosses it?

I am looking into getting another alarm myself. Clifford is good, Viper is another one although they tend to be a little pricey. I have an Avital, which is a Clifford company....check them too. May not be as expensive, but works just the same

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Viper, python, clifford, avital, rattler, boa, hornet, sidewinder, valet, automate, hornet and wasp. All made/owned be dei. All the same, the only difference is the name...
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I've heard of the marksman where it pages you if something is near your car instead of the car going off.. You can make the car go off... and it has a remote start.. It also has an lcd display.. It has a very long range..

I have a Viper 5900SST, they claim the range to be 1 mile with no interference but I found the range to be quite poor in the city.
    But still it is a good alarm, you might want to look into Compustar if you choose another company besides DEI

TGC Regular
    I know my Scytek alarm claims a 1/2 mile range, but that's probably only about 1/4 radius around the car itself, equalling a total a 1/2 mile range. But the range is pretty good in open areas, but once you start getting into concrete buildings, like malls, you can forget it. I hear an alarm is coming out that calls your cell.

Systems like that have been availible from Audiovox and DEI for a number of years now. Though they do tend to be on the expensive side.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

i also have the viper 5900sst. the range in the city is like 2-3 blocks if you have to go thru buildings. i havent tested the range in a straight shot, tho i was able to turn my car on when i was 6 straight blocks away. it can probably go further if it was only a straight line of communication