The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to give your OEM Fog Lights that JDM look

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

How to give your OEM Fog Lights that JDM look

Are you tired of seeing your regular OEM fog lights as they are? Want to spice it up with a touch of color? This is the tutorial that shows you how.

First of all...IF YOU F-UP YOUR WORK DO NOT BLAME ME. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Here are the items you need to get at a local Hobby or Craft shop:

TAMIYA TS-73 Clear Orange spray can for plastics
    TAMIYA TS-13 Clear spray can
    Mineral Spirit or Rubbing Alcohol
    Vinyl and Plastic Duplicolor black paint (optional)

These things cost me a good $5.50 each, and I only bought one can of each and still have a lot left over to do many other things.

1. Take out your fog light assembly

2. Use the rubbing alcohol to clean out the fog lights from any debri. Any marks from rocks will show if you get real close up to it, there is no way to fix that unless you have brand new fogs.

3. Go outside in a well ventilated area and lay down some newspaper enough to cover 2x the size of the fogs, that overspray can get you.

3. Ok, now that you have the fogs layed on their backs with the clear plastic showing, you can begin spraying with the Clear Orange

3.a ONLY USE ONE COAT OF THE CLEAR ORANGE IN ORDER TO GET A YELLOWISH COLOR. Adding more coats to it will make it darker and will start turning it clear orange. I had intended mines to be more orange than yellow, but it's all up to you. Just remember that.

4. After you've applied the coats of clear orange that you've wanted. Let it sit for a good 2 minutes while it dries. At this time you can spray the housing of the fog lights with the DUPLICOR Vinyl and Plastic black paint if you want.

5. After two minutes, apply 3 coats of clear onto the fog lights, making sure to give enough time for each coat to cure.

That's it! You can let it dry for a few then mount them back onto your Galant.

PS
    This method also works for taillights as a smoke. If you buy TS-13 Clear as well as TS-71 Smoke you can darken your tailights to however dark you want them, then you can clear them in order for them to keep the glossiness

REMEMBER, IF YOU F-UP YOUR WORK DO NOT BLAME ME. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

looking good homie :smt023

2010 Evo Gsr
    2001 GTZ
    1999 eclipse sold
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/633489

Nice....Take some night shot so we can see what the output looks like.

Looks nice David.. nice mod man... never thought about this... sell em on EBAY!!!

what if you painted the inside? would you need hi-temp paint? think it might look funky? i think it might look kinda dope and you wouldnt need a clear coat at all. the only issue i see is temp... ??? or do the lenses even come off like that? ive never pulled them... yet. i was gonna go optilux or hid 3000k, but this looks pretty sick. simple as it is, i never even considered the possibility either.

i used this

costs like 4 bucks at the craft store.

it holds up pretty good. didn't have to clear it. doesn't protect from small rocks like a transparent film like lamin-x would.

if you have aftermarket fogs which have a blue tint to it, the lens will turn green unless you really want an orange lens.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

deff doin this soon...saves a lot of money...does the paint fade off later on the line??

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    i used this

costs like 4 bucks at the craft store.

it holds up pretty good. didn't have to clear it. doesn't protect from small rocks like a transparent film like lamin-x would.

if you have aftermarket fogs which have a blue tint to it, the lens will turn green unless you really want an orange lens.

I don't see the picture can you tell me the name of it (please )

i have the same info saved in my pc, and its good!! i've seen a galant here in NY that have it like that and looks sick!!

thanx a lot is little difficult to find that paint around here where I live I try Home Depot , Lowes and nothing at all

Quote Originally Posted by galantino_es
    thanx a lot is little difficult to find that paint around here where I live I try Home Depot , Lowes and nothing at all
    i got mine at the craft store.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Night shots?

Here are some night shots. Except I used the Tamiya Yellow paint instead of orange.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Looking good bro! I like yellow better..imo
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

looking clean...!!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

couldn't you just buy yellow bulbs?

nice write up.

I think i prefer yellow as well.

The orange makes your fogs look like signal lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast