The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: flashing RED light beside steering wheel (left)

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

flashing RED light beside steering wheel (left)

sorry i don't got my owner's manual on me, maybe i'll buy one off ebay if i can find one..

but there's a flashing red light beside the steering wheel on the left.
    before you flame, i tried the search and nothing came up, just my disclaimer :P

besides that i'm also wondering what's the little switch near my food pedal down below... there seems to be another flashing red light there but it's not flashing atm..

hmm the switch can be maybe for an alarm bypass, or on/off switch for auto starter like i have. the flashing light i have no clue maybe aftermarket alarm led?
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Valet override for an alarm? Is it an aftermarket light or in the gauge cluster? Hopefully its not your oil light flashing :)
    Love,
    Matt

it's not on the gauge cluster, but it's beside the steering wheel. umm if you guys don't have it, it must be an aftermarket light.. hmm..

Experienced TGC Member
    sounds like an LED

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Yeah it's an aftermarket alarm. Look under your hood for an alarm. Do you have the OEM keyless entry remotes?

i got the same thing.. mine doesnt blink and i never had the remotes.. i just leave it alone.. its like a pseudoalarm
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

it just worries me, usually a red blinking light isn't good while driving.

so i'm checking it out gonna try my alarm button today..

If it is liek this http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...94_18_full.jpg then it is most likely a alarm

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

thanks matt, yea that's the one. anyway i got my remote and click'd it and apparently it is the alarm.. so when it's on the lighter light flashes along with the red flashing light lol. do you know why it flashes when i'm driving though?

btw, what does the little knob beside it do?

Quote Originally Posted by sinx
    thanks matt, yea that's the one. anyway i got my remote and click'd it and apparently it is the alarm.. so when it's on the lighter light flashes along with the red flashing light lol. do you know why it flashes when i'm driving though?

btw, what does the little knob beside it do?
    That's your dimmer switch for your interior lights.

ok new question. how do you know what fuse is for the alarm? there's a number of fuses there..

if its a factory alarm then its in the fuse box. if its aftermarket, there's usually a few fuse holders with fuses entangled in the wires that hook up to the alarm module.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i'm pretty sure it's factory.. so where in the fuse box cause i know there's a couple other fuses there. and they all look the same and i don't see labels..

the fuse box diagram is on the inside cover of the fuse box.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.