The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Once again, i love SoCal (56K beware)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 46
    TGC Regular

Once again, i love SoCal (56K beware)

yeh, although i dont have much experience with the rest of the country, i dont know of many other places where you get to see 100K dollar cars atleast once a week. since i keep my camera in my glovebox, i take pix of some of the cars i see when i have enough time to actually get it out and take a pic. so enough with the words....

I saw this Ariel Atom today in the parkinglot where i work, so i took a couple pix.

some other cars i've seen recently.

passed by a lotus meet a couple weeks ago.

saw this countach while driving back to work from a customers house.

and this Mclaren SLR, i've actually seen it a couple times driving around, not sure if its from the local dealer, or an actual customers car.

neighbors NSX that i dont see all the time, but every once in a while.

skyline i saw a while ago

new Ferrari F430

saw this merc a long time ago, and i think these K8's are pretty rare.

and a gallardo i saw a long time ago, sorry for the shaky pic. i could have alot more pix of lambo's cuz we got one of the largest dealerships about 10 minutes from my house, so their always being test driven around my area.

and some other cars i've seen around my work that i may or may not have posted in the past.

NICE!!! is the Atom even street legal???
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

That Ferrari is not a F430, its a 599 Fiorano. Bad ass none the less! And that Lambo looks like a kit car to me...not original. Could be wrong though

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

TGC Regular
    that atom with the f1 kit was at the weekly miata meet in west covina last week lol. i think he had the kit made in oregon.

they're street legal but you still have to get it inspected when you bring one over.
    Your signature is too long.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    cool cars

TGC Regular
    Well when you live in NYC you get to see all those cars too and some. Even in the hood. I've seen a Maybach parked by the subway on my way to work :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice.

Re: Once again, i love SoCal (56K beware)

Quote Originally Posted by cardude03
    What exactly is this one...
    I'd sport it (Possibly With A Different Paint Job And Rims). Anyways, yeah it seems Cali has it's fair share of "Different" rides. I've seen Supras, Ferraris, and Lotus', but these ariels slash double sided mini cooper limos and what not are straight Mars...
    :D

Kid

Saving People, Property, And The Environment From Such Dangers As Fire, Hazardous Materials, And The Grim Reaperâ„¢...

Shopping Cart in da parking lot! :shock: = scratch/dent on your ride

I think that was originally a gto.. yea NY has its fare share of rides also... just a month ago I came home from my dads house and my mom told me my neighbor brought a new mustang and I was like cool and then I Hear this Italian roar come down my block and it is a frerrari f-355 and i was like Yea mom some mustang :?

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Doesn't the Atom have Top Gear's number one spot on the list of fastest street-legal cars? God I want one someday.

TGC Regular
    yeh, i would think of course there are other places around the country where you can see the nice cars, but on top of that, we have amazing weather 98% of the time. some of the greatest beaches in the world, and it feels to me like i'm in the middle of everything. (ocean, mountains, desert, LA, San Diego, Las Vegas, etc etc). but i dont know if that stuff interests you guys, so i thought i'd just talk about the car part.

and kimya, i do believe you are right, not sure why i thought it was a 430.
    but the lambo is original, what makes you think its a kit?

and john, this actually wasnt the first time i saw that atom, one time in Newport Beach about a year ago i think, i saw him drive by me on the other side of traffic, and i still knew what it was right away. so did you actually talk to the owner? when i got there, they owner had just left the car to go get lunch at the food court, and some of the guys who were still there taking pictures, told me he was wearing a helmet, lol. this is definately one car i'd have to put into my collection.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    go get 5 other friends and carry that atom car to your garage. :idea: :mrgreen:

Just something about it looks like a kit...the way the rear wheels are sitting ands the ride height....like I said I could be wrong but...just kinda looks like one to me. I mean I dont know what year that one is, but the spoiler is different, the accordian style mirrors, the exhaust placement, the lettering on the back is in the wrong spots from what I have seen...and they look crooked, plus there is a huge seam on those air ducts that I am thinking are not there on the originals...not to mention the fact that the air ducts are enormous Take a look at these to see what I mean

Here is 1979 LP400

and here is a 1985 LP500 QV

Experienced TGC Member
    nice

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
    Just something about it looks like a kit...the way the rear wheels are sitting ands the ride height....like I said I could be wrong but...just kinda looks like one to me. I mean I dont know what year that one is, but the spoiler is different, the accordian style mirrors, the exhaust placement, the lettering on the back is in the wrong spots from what I have seen...and they look crooked, plus there is a huge seam on those air ducts that I am thinking are not there on the originals...not to mention the fact that the air ducts are enormous Take a look at these to see what I mean

Here is 1979 LP400

and here is a 1985 LP500 QV

hahaha, man, i'm wayy out of it, i thought you were talking about the gallardo! hahaha, i see what your saying, yeh, it could be a kit, but it also says 5,000 on the back, and has a paper plate from the dealership near my house, i dont know much about that model, but those scoops are lookin kinda weird.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

When you frequently bum around with the local porche, lambo, Ferrari, Lotus, and Vector tuners you get to see alot of that stuff. The other week I got to see a Ferrari F360 Challenge Stradale, that was pretty bitchin'. I also saw a Triple black Gallardo. Next weekend I go to Topeaka to co-drive a Porche 911 RS.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

yup. socal is the supercar capitol of the world. there are probably more exotics and high end lux cars registered in california that the rest of the world combined.

Yeah I meant the Countach...sorry! LoL I forgot about the Gallardo in their cuz they are not rare enough to remember! LOL

I saw this one day on the way home from work...a black on black Murcielago. Sorry for the pic...took it with the cell

Wow!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast