The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g v6 hook it up with nos? woulnd it destroy gears

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

8g v6 hook it up with nos? woulnd it destroy gears

Hey i want to add some hp to my 8g and i heard some guy had a typa nos. I have a stock 99 V6 auto could i hook up nos with a small shot? when would i be able to use it? Im not sure if it can work can it? any info would help
    Thanks
    Matt[/b]

the other matt has nos on his v6. uhm ov course you can work it on a stock v6 but i really recommend getting other basic mods like intake exhaust and small stuff like that to make everything better first. as for using it. use it when needed, or in other words racing. but you gotta learn when/how to use it and how much to use or you're gonna be asking for more trouble

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

if i were to get it

if i was going to get nos or something like it i would upgrade stuff like injectors, intake & exaust. But say im racing i start up n im going 10mph if i used nos or somthing i thought that would fuc up my tranny? if not what size shot would u recomend, dry or wet, what company? Also, where would i get the bottles refilled? I live right near san jose so there places close to rifil the right? How much does it normally run to fill a med. sized bottle?

Kwiksix
    Before I went turbo I had nos ,don't run anymore than a 75 shot and you should be fine with your stock setup just make sure it's installed properly!

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Just like pinoy said, Get some mods... ur gonna to need the basics and them some.. I've been running N2O for about a year and a half.. and i've been re-built the motor twice, not sayin i didnt use it right but just the amount i was using, since i had virtually the whole motor built from the inside out, including the suspension to keep the power on the ground.. I would say if u have ?'s ask me, if anyone on here knows about N2O i would say i know the most, so ask away, if u need more help..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

TGC Regular
    i dont have nos but know plenty of people who do its not for me but if your gona do it make sure not to use more than the engine can handle and also like everyone else said that might wana get some others mods done before hand as well
    - Atba

You should be able to run nos up to a 75-100 shot on your v6 engine with no problem. I have the same set up as you. As for the tranny, if you dont run it hard and dont be a bonehead you should have no problems. I have had the NOS setup for about a year and a half and have never had issues with it.

check out www.zex.com if you have any questions.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

DJ_SI

Re: 8g v6 hook it up with nos? woulnd it destroy gears

Quote Originally Posted by atx
    Hey i want to add some hp to my 8g and i heard some guy had a typa nos. I have a stock 99 V6 auto could i hook up nos with a small shot? when would i be able to use it? Im not sure if it can work can it? any info would help
    Thanks
    Matt[/b]
    You should have no problem at all running nitrous on your stock v6. Although most people on here use Zex, I would reccommend a wet-shot, simply because it gives more power and fuel is added/mixed with nitrous as soon as the silenoids(sp) open up. Dry systems rely on the vehicles computer to add the fuel. Basically they both get the job done.

Before you spray, be sure to get 1-2 step colder plugs and if you are going to shoot 75+ shot, it would be wise to upgrade your fuel pump.

where can i get it filled

where can i get the nos or zex with wet shot filled? also to get the head light off do i need to unbolt it? it looks like u could pry off the front cover but i dont wanta break the shit outa it, this is to get rid of the orange reflector crap

mark1
    like old boy said, get colder plugs like some ngks and also get some new wires and a new fpr to make sure you got ample fuel delivery so nothin blows up. but any further than that i dont really know....no nos for me

Depending on what company u go with to get ur nitrous setup they make plugs and wires for their individual systems.. and to get the orange reflector off, i used a heat gun to melt the silicone that holds it in place, then i just pulled the reflector out..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

mbssbm
    what about nos on a stock I4, same stuff, no big deal right?

do wet and dry systems need different kinds of gas to refill, or are they the same?

Is NX a pretty good nos brand? i noticed they just came out with a bottle that could be turned on witha remote. they would be a lot nicer so i wouldn't have to walk to the damn trunk everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by mbssbm
    what about nos on a stock I4, same stuff, no big deal right?

do wet and dry systems need different kinds of gas to refill, or are they the same?

Is NX a pretty good nos brand? i noticed they just came out with a bottle that could be turned on witha remote. they would be a lot nicer so i wouldn't have to walk to the damn trunk everytime.
    NO wet and dry systems dont need different types at all.. Wet and dry is just how the N2O is being sprayed.. I've heard ok things about NX, but dont know anyone with one.. The remote bottle opener is cool, but my does that when i arm the bottles anyway...

DJ_SI
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mbssbm)</div><div class='quotemain'>what about nos on a stock I4, same stuff, no big deal right?

Is NX a pretty good nos brand? i noticed they just came out with a bottle that could be turned on witha remote. Â*they would be a lot nicer so i wouldn't have to walk to the damn trunk everytime.</div>

Yes, nitrous on a 4cyl is fine. Hell, a friend of mine has been running nitrous on his 4cyl Galant for about a year now, and zero problems.

And NX is a very good nitrous brand. 'NOS' is a nitrous company name, not a word that should be used as a substitution for nitrous. Sorry this is a little picky, but it will make you seem a little smarter when talking to someone who knows a thing or two about nitrous. But seriously, NX is top notch, which is the set-up I use, and I would highly reccommend this company to anyone.