The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Paint and Bodywork (Post-wreck)

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    WarmAndSCSI

Paint and Bodywork (Post-wreck)

I'm in the process of getting my car repaired. It's patched up and painted right now. The body of the car has been color sanded and polished and I'm working on the bumpers right now. Too bad I can't polish or wax it for 3-4 weeks.

The new color is the C6 Corvette's Sunset Orange from 2005-2006.

These photos were all taken with a camera phone, so they're really grainy and don't show the detail very well. The new paint looks much better in person.

Before:

Now:

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Very very nice man! Im surprised that they didnt consider that totalled! With some JDM headlights and some dark wheels, will look awesome! I like black contrast, get rid of the chrome trim for black trim!
    7g for life!

that looks awesome! cant wait for final pics!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

:shock: wooooww, nice freakin come back!!

2001 5 speed 4g64T

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Very very nice man! Im surprised that they didnt consider that totalled! With some JDM headlights and some dark wheels, will look awesome! I like black contrast, get rid of the chrome trim for black trim!
    It would have been totaled. A quote from a chain body shop was $9700 without a full paintjob. This shop did it for $4500 (I bought a rear clip for them to use) with a full paintjob (which in of itself is about a $3000-4000 job). I don't have collision insurance and I was at fault (concrete wall + snow) so this came out of pocket.

I would like to black out these headlights or get some JDMs. The wheels are actually hyper black. I messed with the color balance on the cell phone photos so they look a little different.

Most of the trim on the car (trunk garnish, front grille) is now color matched, but I also think the black under-window trim from the DE would look nice. I may color match that also :)

Thanks for the feedback, I'll post pictures of the finished product!

nice color... but they didn't do your door jambs and i'm assuming your trunk and hood are still red underneath?

by far folks ive seen this car way too many times in person and the paint job quality is by far one of the best ive ever seen. this car deserves some high quality pics but i almost got a boner looking at this car at night with a flashlight. i cant imagine the igasm people will have when they see this car in the daylight! like it was said before tim nice comeback! i cant wait until tomorrow. :P

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice the color looks sick but you should have at least had them do the door jams, other then that i like it a lot

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice.

WarmAndSCSI
    I really wanted the door jambs done, but it was an extra $500 that I couldn't come up with at that time. The rear passenger door jamb is done in the new color, but the other three are still patriot red. The trunk lid was sprayed underneath (they took the whole car apart to spray it) and I'm not really concerned about the under-hood color since your attention usually doesn't go to the paint color when you're looking in my engine bay (there's plenty of other stuff to grab your attention under there). I'll get some "finished" pictures after I slap these Eibach springs on.

edit: Just to comment on the quality of this paint: I saw a brand new Porsche Cayenne in black while I was out getting these new wheels mounted. It's paint was atrocious compared to the new finish on my car - BAD orange peel everywhere, relatively dull shine, etc. I'm not sure if the car had been repaired, but I'm fairly certain that was the factory paint job. All I know is that I've got to take extremely good care of this new paint 8)

Experienced TGC Member
    nice.... bery nice

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    nice

Cool!

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    Let me know if you need these pieces from GTZ.
    [im]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i178/rez886/Pdrm0630.jpg[/img]
    Thanks for the offer, but I prefer the 8G without the cladding.

very nice color..black houseing FTW!!!! i gota set FS in the FS section
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Wreck = New Paint...

Hmmmm, I'm liking the paint choice...
    :D

Kid

Saving People, Property, And The Environment From Such Dangers As Fire, Hazardous Materials, And The Grim Reaperâ„¢...

nice :smt023 :smt023

WarmAndSCSI
    Well, it was going to be done tonight, but there are still major alignment issues with the rear passenger side suspension (it also hit the wall). I've got to wait a few more days for them to get it aligned/tweaked and to replace the bent components (I already have replacements, so that's good).

well folks here it is. i stopped by today to check out tim's car in the sunlight and the photos speak for themselves. all ya need now buddy is to let me do the heads and get the 3rd gen tails like i did and CHANGE YOUR SIG! tim here you go homie. enjoy

three pics of the two badest g's in utah!

look at that detail!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    damn.