The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stupid alternator

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

stupid alternator

Well, I went to the parts store to get my alternator and battery tested. Turns out the diode in the alternator is bad. I can't afford to have the car down while I get the damn thing rebuilt. No one around here has the thing in stock. Everyone's telling me that's it's going to be 2-3 days before I can get one. Right now, the car starts fine, but the guy at the parts store told me that evenually it will kill my battery, so I need to get this fixed asap. Damn damn damn. I can tell it's Monday.... :smt013

Re: stupid alternator

Quote Originally Posted by 00GalantMan
    Well, I went to the parts store to get my alternator and battery tested. Turns out the diode in the alternator is bad. I can't afford to have the car down while I get the damn thing rebuilt. No one around here has the thing in stock. Everyone's telling me that's it's going to be 2-3 days before I can get one. Right now, the car starts fine, but the guy at the parts store told me that evenually it will kill my battery, so I need to get this fixed asap. Damn damn damn. I can tell it's Monday.... :smt013
    i know what you mean i need to take mine out and get it tested as i think mine is starting to die on me too
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

I can't find one cheaper than $200 :smt013
    That's with the core...

Good news (sorta) Got the alternator off, and my new one will be here at 9am. Should be up and running in the morning. $189 later, but it's all good. Just hate spending that kinda money. Supposed to be saving up for a paint job...oh well...

does anyone know about how much a high amp alternator would cost :?: