The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO radiator upgrade

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    You can get two 10" slim lines for about $50 each and wire them up to a relay and use the stock turn on wire to turn on the relay and it will work fine. Two slim lines will definetly work good enough without shrouding.

You can do 12" fans too if you want, get a puller behind the radiator and a pusher in front of the radiator if there is space, if not keep two 10" pullers behind the radiator.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

yah ive got 2 12" slim fans 1 is infront of the a/c condenser and the other is on the driver side of the radiator i used the stock connector from the stock fans and they turn on just like stock only there blow alot more air
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

so no one knos if the stock 8g hoses fits the evo 8 radiator. lol. my radiator just started leaking so i am about 10 mins away from buying a evo radiator.

The lower one fits but the upper one I think is a little different. You can get a universal flexible radiator hose for like $10 at AutoZone. I dont know tho, me personally, I like things to fit properly, and my EVO radiator swap wasnt a direct bolt in, I had to modify some stuff. If your not having cooling issues, why not just get another stock radiator?
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I'm not to fond of the "bling" rating, but it did the job and can be cut to size. Like stewi said, can be purchased at auto-zone.

yea well i live in Virginia Beach and it can get hot here so i really need it. Last summer my ac wasn't functioning to its full potential and i am thinking i might as well get a evo radiator since im spending money. Im running 1 fan on the radiator just like you.

it will run cooler with a stock EVO fan. Mitsu fans use pulse width modulation to active the fan. Essentially what this means is that the fan is variable speed. This is great because it keeps operating temps optimal by increasing or decreasing fan speed. With an aftermarket fan like mine, its either on or off. Plus the stock shrouding helps a ton, I am trying to fabricate some type of shroud for my aftermarket fan.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

so what did you guys do with the tranny cooler issue because i know that evo radiators dont cool the tranny since they are manual cars.

Me and Cali are 5 speed so we dont need a tranny cooler. You can pickup a cooler from B&M for about $40 and just mount it to the front of the A/C condenser and get some longer hoses so it reaches.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

lol yea good thing i got a cooler off a turbo saab from a local junkyard. Well i hope the evo radiator makes a bit of difference to keep my car cooler then the stock radiator.

if you have the factory thin radiator it will, if you have the factory thick radiator you might not see much difference.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

shouldnt be. I mean the idea using the stock radiator was to modify the mounting tabs, with a full aluminum radiator, the only way to move the tabs is to cut them off and have new ones tig welded in which wont be that cheap. You can also try doing it likle Cali did, he just drilled new holes in the rubber mounts, it makes the radiator sit kinda crooked and not centered, but it gets the job done.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Holly old thread! Did anyone ever find a 2 row radiator that clears the jdm heads? Do share please...

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

The mishimoto for the v6 eclipse will fit perfectly. It needs some spacers but all of the hoses line up and clears the JDM heads

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    The mishimoto for the v6 eclipse will fit perfectly. It needs some spacers but all of the hoses line up and clears the JDM heads
    awesome thank you!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

and thank you

Yeah check Bj's thread on GT he has the mishimoto.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Wait a min but isn't the Mishimoto only for the 5 speed guys not the auto. OK i checked the site and apparently they also have a transmission cooler
    Last edited by jimmy_o2; 07-16-2011 at 11:33 PM
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    Wait a min but isnt the Mishimoto only for the 5 speed guys not the auto
    Oh that is correct. If you are auto you would need a external trans cooler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast