The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: got some new problems

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    Im not sure one the whole obd-1 setup but could you not get a obd-1 plug hook it up and us the voltmeter way? Also isnt there a way to watch how many times the CEL flashes? I'm just tryin to think of ways for you to get this done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luke9511
    i got some sad news, if we cant figure out whats wrong with the G and get it fixed before september then when september comes around (that is when my tags expire) we are going to junk the G :cry: :cry: we took my car to a shop today to see if they could read the codes and we couldnt and it cost my grandparents 50 bucks! :cry: i dont know what im gonna do with this car :cry:
    Dude just take it to the dealer. They can and will read the codes for probably $80. Dont waste your time/money with ma and pa shops.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Quote Originally Posted by luke9511
    i got some sad news, if we cant figure out whats wrong with the G and get it fixed before september then when september comes around (that is when my tags expire) we are going to junk the G :cry: :cry: we took my car to a shop today to see if they could read the codes and we couldnt and it cost my grandparents 50 bucks! :cry: i dont know what im gonna do with this car :cry:
    Dude just take it to the dealer. They can and will read the codes for probably $80. Dont waste your time/money with ma and pa shops.
    well theres a problem with that, i doubt my grandparents will shell out 80 dollars to get it check but im hoping and praying they will
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    Im not sure one the whole obd-1 setup but could you not get a obd-1 plug hook it up and us the voltmeter way? Also isnt there a way to watch how many times the CEL flashes? I'm just tryin to think of ways for you to get this done.
    there is a way and a tutorial on how to get it to flash but the problem is that, im either not doing it right, its not working or im not using the right stuff as it says to use a jumper wire, well that dont help much as i dont know what kind of wire i need to use
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

ok i got the CEL to blink and i think the reason why it wasnt doing it before was cause i was probably doing it wrong but i had my grandma out there counting the blinks and she said it blinked about 22 times or so, does anyone know what this means if anything?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

can someone tell me the name of the pipe that goes from the MAS to the TB, cause i need to buy a new one cause the one thats on there now has a hole in it
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

a intake pipe?

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Quote Originally Posted by mattalicslvr8g02
    a intake pipe?
    i guess so
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

maybe "upper" intake pipe

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

If its your intake pipe why not just go ahead and make a CAI! :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    If its your intake pipe why not just go ahead and make a CAI! :twisted:
    2 reasons why i cant, 1.costs to much and 2.im not the one paying for replacement parts
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You can get the parts to make a CAI for pretty cheap around $20 and if your haveing to replace your upper intake house it might be cheaper cause i know some stupid oem parts like that can cost alot!

heres a pic of the part
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Yah, just upper intake pipe. If you want I can pick you one up at my junkyard for $10 or so. www.mistubishiparts.com wants $40 and the dealer would want more. Part number: MD193510
    7g for life!

Yah, just upper intake pipe. If you want I can pick you one up at my junkyard for $10 or so. www.mistubishiparts.com wants $40 and the dealer would want more. Part number: MD193510
    no thanks i got it covered but thanks for the offer, im gonna see about getting a CAI but what parts do i need for a CAI?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You could use this if you wanted a fancy blue intake:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01...09981544QQrdZ1

Or just this for the bling bling effect:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95...11924658QQrdZ1

Either you would have to cut. For the upper intake pipe that you need to replace in your pic, you just cut the pipe to be about the same size. You could use a chop saw or just a regular hacksaw. For the CAI extension you use the other pipe.

And you need a MAS adapter:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-05...QQcmdZViewItem
    7g for life!

You could use this if you wanted a fancy blue intake:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01...09981544QQrdZ1

Or just this for the bling bling effect:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95...11924658QQrdZ1

Either you would have to cut. For the upper intake pipe that you need to replace in your pic, you just cut the pipe to be about the same size. You could use a chop saw or just a regular hacksaw. For the CAI extension you use the other pipe.

And you need a MAS adapter:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-05...QQcmdZViewItem
    can i get any of that at an auto parts store?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

well they have the pipes at like Pepboys and Autozone where you could make your own but i dont now the pipes are kinda skechty and just like one peice is as much as the whole thing on ebay! Though you can get the mas adapter at autozone and pepboys and its metal!

You can get the CAI extension at Autozone but your stuck with your stock upper pipe. Plus its $40 at Autozone and its just the pipe, filter, and coupler.
    7g for life!

Ya and im not real sure about anyother places that sell this kinda stuff so i would suggest if you do decided to do the cold air intake use ebay!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast