The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headswap question. Don't shoot me

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Headswap question. Don't shoot me

Well I've had my 7G laying around for awhile now. Some of you might remember that I got it to run 15.37@87 on street tires just by gutting it and an intake, exhaust, and solid motor mounts. Well last winter it went to a friends house (or so i thought) and my 4G63T was left outside on an engine stand with no head on it. Needless to say I was upset and figured I would just throw the head on the 64 and turbo that. Now at a friends garage my manifold and 16G come up missing over this winter. So that's where i'm at now. My car sits in my garage taking up space and all it really needs to run is have a head put back on it. I have 3 other 4G64 motors but i don't want to run bottom 15's anymore. I want to do a 64/63 non-turbo hybrid. Y? I'd like to run high 14's on motor and maybe bottom 13's on nitrous. Now here comes the questions.

For years i've read thru seths and robs tutorials and its raised a few questions for me. My galant is a 95. Now can I run a 1G non turbo ecu? If possible I wouldn't have to wire in knock sensor or the resister pack for the injectors.

I want to do this as cheap as possible or it won't get done. I have an 88 Mustang GT with a small block on nitrous and a 2005 Envoy that gets 13.5mpg. I'd really like to have a running 4cyl. again!!!! Help me out. Thanks in advance.
    Pete

no knock sensor = very minimal power gain

you ARE going to want a turbo ecu.
    you will want to wire up injectors and a knock sensor.

if you get a epromo ecu you can have jeff O at dsmchips.com burn you one sweet all motor timing and fuel map.

and trust me in all motor,
    timing is EVERYTHING.
    he can also set it up for windowed nitrous activation.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo