The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Power folding mirrors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    Proto
    Unless the wire colors are diff than the USDM than you shouldnt have any trouble.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon-and-his-mitsubishi View Post
    Any Idea, how to find out, which color matches to which function - Ive take apart the new controller, but Its imposible to find out the right wires to right function.
    well i'm sure there is a red wire for power and black for ground. from there what i did was attach another wire, then try a button on the the controller.

example
    you connected green and yellow wire from the mirror and the orange and blue wire from the controller and the controller was set to right side. You go through the all the directional controls and power fold buttons until something happens. if nothing happens set control to left side. so lets say nothing happened until you set the control to left side and when you pushed up on the directional pad, the mirror turned inward to the right

mirror grn/yel --- orn/blu control (control set to L) you pushed up and the mirror(glass part) moved right , you pushed down and the mirror moved left

you could then deduce that;
    grn/yel makes the mirror move right
    and the orn/blu is the up and down wires of the control

the stripe color of the wire will probably be color specific for each side. all wires to the left side may have yellow, and all wires to the right may have red.

does your wires matches with one of these?

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...t=16420&page=2
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

Blue Ice - sounds like my new program for weekend... Thank you all alot.
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

Craig
    Is there a way to install jdm pwr folding mirrors on my 7g that doesn't have pwr mirrors to start? an if so how hard?

I just bought this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tab%3DWatching

As I see there is a button to fold the mirrors from the dashboard - does anyone have this mirrors and switched the wireness so that they fold when I shut or open my doors?

Or do i have to create a new circuit for it?
    Thx!

to get them to fold when the door is opened or closed you would need to wire up a new circuit for that. but to just get them to work with the switch you would need to run 2 wires from the switch to both doors. and if you dont have power mirrors to start you need to run 5 wires to each side. i belive in the how to section there is a wiring guide for the mirrors.

EDIT - heres the link https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=19294
    Last edited by Way Fast Galant; 09-29-2009 at 07:37 PM
    98 Galant ES
    Current Mods - To many to mention here.
    Future Plans - 4G63T swap and 5 speed swap
    Big Thanks To YOU ALL for all the help you provide

Quote Originally Posted by big&bad View Post
    I just bought this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tab%3DWatching

As I see there is a button to fold the mirrors from the dashboard - does anyone have this mirrors and switched the wireness so that they fold when I shut or open my doors?

Or do i have to create a new circuit for it?
    Thx!
    The quality of the spokewheels inside of the mirrors are not good. Cheap plastic. If u hook em up so they fold every time u open the door they will wear down quickly. I would rather wire them so the fold when i take out the ignition ;) And they dont like cold weather or when its very wet outside. Me and CSJ are havin problems like those on our G wich has them as stock equipment. Even if the dealership get u some new 1s the same problem comes again and again.

Just my 2cents

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    bezzle has them wired where the fold when he shuts the car off and they open when he turns the car on.. and he said someone else wired them to the alarm for when he locked and unlocked his doors
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    The quality of the spokewheels inside of the mirrors are not good. Cheap plastic. If u hook em up so they fold every time u open the door they will wear down quickly. I would rather wire them so the fold when i take out the ignition ;) And they dont like cold weather or when its very wet outside. Me and CSJ are havin problems like those on our G wich has them as stock equipment. Even if the dealership get u some new 1s the same problem comes again and again.

Just my 2cents
    My mirrors have actually worked nicely since last November, but I fear they will break again come this winter. The mechanic at Mitsubishi told me they knew about the weakness in the gears inside, but as the model was discontinued they (Mitsubishi Japan) didn't want to invest more time nor money in permanently fixing the problem.

He also told me that if I could get metal gears made from molds done from the originals, it would be an easy replacement to do, and they would probably last longer than the car itself.

On another note, I was looking for a set of JDM mirrors for my older Galant (or Legnum) and came across a set on eBay.co.uk. These are the same as the ones on cars in/from Japan, but the problem is that the angle of the mirrors are different on either side of the car-the right-hand mirror (UK driver's side) is angled the same as our left-hand mirror (European driver's side). Same goes for the passenger side mirror.

This is due to UK'ers (and Japanese) driving on the opposite side of the road from what we do in the rest of Europe and in the US. This may or may not be a problem, but I like things to look proper and as factory as possible (at least for those things).

There have also been a few sets of power-folding mirrors from European cars (German and Austrian) on ebay.de and ebay.at (as well as ebay.pl and allegro.pl). These mirrors are angled the same ways as our cars in Norway, and prices have been comparable to the ones I found in the UK. I'm not sure how shipping from Germany/Austria to the USA would be, but if that's not an issue it might be something to look into if you're interested. The wiring is exactly the same as with the JDM power folding mirrors, and the mirrors are heated, too. :)

(Oh, and all I wrote above applies to the 8G, but may or may not be applicable for other Galant generations.)

@csj: Power-folding-Mirrors in ebay.de ? My daughter is allways on ebay and searching for parts of the 7G, but they never found some...
    @ all: Thx for your advice, I will try to get a new spokewheel out of brass oder alu and if I have installed them i will write a report for the faq...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12