The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: read first post b4 voting please.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • TOYO PROXES 4

10 50.00%
  • NITTO INVO (winner)

7 35.00%
  • other

3 15.00%

Thread: getting new tires on saturday... updated w/ pics!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 103

getting new tires on saturday... updated w/ pics!

if you don't know much about tires, don't bother posting an answer or voting. i'm asking for opinions from knowledgeable members to make a decision. i have had at least 8 sets of tires in 18" and 19" on my car so i have a little experience here. i will not mount any cheap tires like kumho or nankang on my VOLKs so don't even mention anything like that.

ok now that that is out of the way...

235/35zr19 to be mounted on my 19x8.5 +48mm VOLK SF-Winning's

i've narrowed it down to these 3:

• TOYO PROXES 4 (300-AA-A)

YOKOHAMA AVS ES100 (280-AA-A) [eliminated from the running]

NITTO INVO (260-AA-A)

which one should i get or do you have any suggestions? i'm leaning towards the INVO's (cuz they look dope) but they are so new that nobody has any meaningful reviews on them.

thanks guys!

edit: OK gottem' on and here's the pics as promised:

mounted and ready

235/35zr19 (needed more sidewall to fill up the wheel wells)

nothing like good ol' dirt to show off a tread pattern

so then i met up w/ the benzes (100+ cars) at their anual meet at the ROSE BOWL some of the the FI c-class went to a secret spot for a photoshoot (my cousin's car is 2nd from left):

magazine type shot (in case you were wondering, from left the wheels are HRE, OZ (colormatched), BBS and OEM)

had to represent!

Well I've had Toyo Proxes 4 on my 19" Piaa rims for a few months and they were pretty damn good. 2 bad the rims were like mush. They were great in the rain and on dry surface. Especially coming from Wanli tires b4 that lol. Very quiet on the road at low and high speeds, to be honest, the best tires I've ever had. I actually have an extra one in the back if you decide to get those in particular. I hope that helps you some.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Line
    Well I've had Toyo Proxes 4 on my 19" Piaa rims for a few months and they were pretty damn good. 2 bad the rims were like mush. They were great in the rain and on dry surface. Especially coming from Wanli tires b4 that lol. Very quiet on the road at low and high speeds, to be honest, the best tires I've ever had. I actually have an extra one in the back if you decide to get those in particular. I hope that helps you some.
    yeah they get pretty rave reviews... i appreciate your input! they also have the best treadwear rating out of this group. decisions decisions...

Almost any custom wheels I do on vehicles we use Toyo Proxes. That actually includes anything from the Proxes 4, FZ4, and ST. Thats the first tire I recommend when plus sizing on any vehicle.

Other nice options include:

BFGoodrich KDW - 300 AA A

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 - 220 AA A

Pirelli P-Zero Nero - 220 AA A

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 - 280 AA A

I've done all of the above on high end big dollar cars. I put the KDWs on a STS-V with 20" wheels. The Goodyears on a fully restored 71 Camaro Big Block that was good enough to go to Barrett Jackson.

Personally if it was me I'd lean towards either the Toyos or the Goodyears.

yeah i've heard really great reviews about the goodyears (F1)! my lil cuz has them on his c230K on 19" OZ superleggera III's. he says they are better than the pilots that came stock.

have u had any experience w/ the INVO's? i just love the way they look!

thanks dave for making my decision harder!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Over at VWVortex a member has the Nitto INVO's on & here is his review:
    Note that he has these on a R32

Quote Originally Posted by BlownR
    OK...I've put a few hundred miles on the R since getting the Invos. First, they are quiet. Much better than the F1's. Second, they ride better, seem to soak up the little bumps a lot better. Turn in is much faster, almost feeling like intial oversteer. Quick left and rights feel sofetr than befor. As for grip, understand that this is with temps in the 40's and 35psi front, 44 rear so summer and an adjustment in pressure may cause a change. They are NOT as sticky as the f1's. I have one corner i have taken hundreds of times and it offers me a great test. the f1's could handle it at 59-60, any faster and I would lose the front end. The Nittos come loose at around 57 to 58. The interesting part is the car is better balanced. Front and back lose grip at the same time allowing me to do a fairly controlled 4 wheel drift. What fun! As for rain, I do not know yet but will post thoughts when I can if anyone is interested. The pics online do not show how truly huge the two rain channels are, I can plant my thumb between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    yeah i've heard really great reviews about the goodyears (F1)! my lil cuz has them on his c230K on 19" OZ superleggera III's. he says they are better than the pilots that came stock.

Well personally I'd toss out everything else but Toyo and Goodyear.

I can't imagine by looking at the Nitto INVOs that they'd be any good in rain.

I've never had many complaints about the Nittos, but them seem like a step down.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1

Well personally I'd toss out everything else but Toyo and Goodyear.

I can't imagine by looking at the Nitto INVOs that they'd be any good in rain.

I've never had many complaints about the Nittos, but them seem like a step down.
    i know what ur saying... but then again, the INVO's happen to b the most expensive of the group which makes them an expensive step down although yeah TOYO>NITTO (even tho they are essentially the same company?). i'm not too worried about rain performance as we're coming into summer in SoCal and hopefully by fall i'll have a new house, a bigger garage and a new convertible daily driver. it's just that no galant has run the INVO's yet... makes them even more appealing to me.

Michelin Pilot and Goodyear F1 are the best! I just got a pair of Michelin Pilot but haven't put them on the g yet! 8)

Werd, they look sweet and for the uniqueness its definitely a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    Michelin Pilot and Goodyear F1 are the best! I just got a pair of Michelin Pilot but haven't put them on the g yet! 8)
    umm no not really, if i wanted the best none of these tires would be in the running and i'd be into the $300+ range per tire. pilots are great stock tires (alothough everyone complains about treadwear) but they are not anywhere near the top of the line. the best are in a completely different league than the tires i'm looking at.

umm no not really, if i wanted the best none of these tires would be in the running and i'd be into the $300+ range per tire. the best are in a completely different league than these.
    From what I read and heard from the tire shops, Michelin Pilot is one of the best for me.

umm no not really, if i wanted the best none of these tires would be in the running and i'd be into the $300+ range per tire. the best are in a completely different league than these.
    Just curious...what would you consider the best?

From what I read and heard from the tire shops, Michelin Pilot is one of the best for me.
    Most Tire Shops fluff Michelin more than necessary. In my experience the Goodyear's are every bit as good as any Michelin (or any other company for that matter).

best for you does not mean best. i'm happy for you but i was asking for comparable tires and pilots are NOT in this group (UTQG 220-AA-A is too low).

best for you does not mean best. i'm happy for you but i was asking for comparable tires and pilots are NOT in this group (UTQG 220-AA-A is too low).
    What are you talking about, I'm talking about 400-AA not your low numbers! DO SOME REASEARCH
    http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...40&ct=&rf=true

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Just curious...what would you consider the best?
    really hard to rate anything best but if we are talking strictly about best dry perfomance, we're into comp tires and if we are going for best treadwear it's the opposite... there's also the best appearance comparison since my car is more show than go at this point (if they only made PARADA spec II's in 235/35r19!). the 3 tires i started w/ are in the "best compromise" category and you made it harder by suggesting the F1's which i like very much as well. thanks again dave!

i pretty much am NOT getting the AVS's at this point... so now i'm stuck w/ 3 options still!

not sure how much you're trying to spend but i'd always loved my toyo's. i was going to try the bf goodrich kdw's but i just bought 2 pireli's and so far im happy with the performance.

so i'd say

pireli's
    toyo's
    bf goodrich
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

What are you talking about, I'm talking about 400-AA not your low numbers! DO SOME REASEARCH
    http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...40&ct=&rf=true
    haha. you should do your research... you happen to be talking to one of the KINGS of research... anyways try finding the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S you linked to (and proved that you did not read the first post) in 235/35zr19... the ONLY current pilots that are in that size (all the way in my first post i gave the CORRECT size and my poll directions say to read the first post before you post or vote) are PS2's 220-AA-A, cup's 80-AA-A, and exalto PE2's 240-A-A according to http://www.michelinman.com .

Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    not sure how much you're trying to spend but i'd always loved my toyo's. i was going to try the bf goodrich kdw's but i just bought 2 pireli's and so far im happy with the performance.

so i'd say

pireli's
    toyo's
    bf goodrich
    which TOYO's, i foregot which TOYO's u got (i currently have FZ4's). and bro, if we keep buying the same stuff, people will think we're in love.

o yeah my budget is in the $700-$900 range, out tha door.

i'm about to spend $800 on tires for the 9th or 10th time on this car... what am i doing? sorry just venting.

YOKOHAMA no longer a choice (neither here nor there)
    GOODYEAR no longer a choice (my cuzin has 'em, not gonna bite)

ok here are the finalists...

everybody likes these; but at the same time everybody has these.

NITTO INVO. these are so new nobody has them to make full reviews yet. i know nobody has them on a G yet... plus they look crazy!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast