The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: read first post b4 voting please.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • TOYO PROXES 4

10 50.00%
  • NITTO INVO (winner)

7 35.00%
  • other

3 15.00%

Thread: getting new tires on saturday... updated w/ pics!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 103
    Well based on what you say your going for I'd recommend the Nittos.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    great! first u make it hard for me, then u make it easy. thanks bro. your input really helped me alot... i don't even konw why i'm sweating this choice so much, i'll probably be needing new tires in a few months anyways, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    great! first u make it hard for me, then u make it easy. thanks bro. your input really helped me alot... i don't even konw why i'm sweating this choice so much, i'll probably be needing new tires in a few months anyways, right?
    great just called my shop and they can't get them 'till next week, they're so new!

be glad you are NOT getting the ES 100's. I had a set of those on my MR2 when I had it, and they SUCK. They are soft tires, and wont last you long at all. Driving in the rain is a bitch as the tires dont get much grip in water. Mine got only 8000 miles on them, and looked like they were almost done. On my GSX I have a set of Falken FK 452's. Those things drive beautifuly, have great traction on dry and wet surfaces, and are pretty quiet as well.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

For all seasons it would be very wise to get the Pirelli's, my winter tires, or the Avon tech MS550's. The Avon is a stickier tire than the pirelli and costs less. These are the two all seasons most autocrossers run.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kwikfox
    be glad you are NOT getting the ES 100's. I had a set of those on my MR2 when I had it, and they SUCK. They are soft tires, and wont last you long at all. Driving in the rain is a bitch as the tires dont get much grip in water. Mine got only 8000 miles on them, and looked like they were almost done. On my GSX I have a set of Falken FK 452's. Those things drive beautifuly, have great traction on dry and wet surfaces, and are pretty quiet as well.
    yeah, not getting the ES100's becuase i heard some similar reports of bad tread wear and lackluster performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    For all seasons it would be very wise to get the Pirelli's, my winter tires, or the Avon tech MS550's. The Avon is a stickier tire than the pirelli and costs less. These are the two all seasons most autocrossers run.
    not too much need for all season tires in SoCal... also the tire size is 235/35zr19 meaning the only Pirelli's that come in that size are P zeros (corsa, rosso, nero, but not all season) and winter. but yeah i've had Pirelli's (ss) and loved them, just wanted to try something new. so far my car has run FALKEN (original GR-b), DUNLOP, PIRELLI, YOKOHAMA and TOYO.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    Anytime, I'm always here.

I buy Nitto whenever possible. Every one of their tires I have purchased has lived up to or exceeded their claims. And they look cool. 8) I'm using NT555s on my 20"s and SN1 winter tires on my 18"s. I'm going to get some 555s for the 18"s at some point too.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    I buy Nitto whenever possible. Every one of their tires I have purchased has lived up to or exceeded their claims. And they look cool. 8) I'm using NT555s on my 20"s and SN1 winter tires on my 18"s. I'm going to get some 555s for the 18"s at some point too.
    18" rims in the winters of Colorado? Brave...

I'd have stuck with the 20"s honestly, but I couldn't find any winter tires that would fit. :P

well since i decided too late and called too late, i have to wait now for another week (minimum) for tires. i hate the stocks... my car looks silly w/ $5K in body work on OEM alloys. i feel gross.

BFGoodrich KDW

BFGoodrich KDW

ive tried both kdw and proxes 4, the proxes seemed to have to loose of a sidewall in my opinion/experience

BFGoodrich KDW so far are my favorite, besides my the azenis sports i had a while ago, which were my favorite

Re: BFGoodrich KDW

Quote Originally Posted by atx
    BFGoodrich KDW

ive tried both kdw and proxes 4, the proxes seemed to have to loose of a sidewall in my opinion/experience

BFGoodrich KDW so far are my favorite, besides my the azenis sports i had a while ago, which were my favorite
    thanks but the BFG's might get the nod next time.

What about Falken tires? They look very good, they are quiet, and they have great traction on dry surfaces, and even better traction on wet surfaces. Falkens also have very good tread wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwikfox
    What about Falken tires? They look very good, they are quiet, and they have great traction on dry surfaces, and even better traction on wet surfaces. Falkens also have very good tread wear.
    been there done that (had the original GR-b and loved them but they don't make them anymore). really it was between the proxes 4 and the invo's then the f1's got thrown in but i'll get those some other time.

The Avon M500 is a summer tire thats also pretty nice. In the summer league are also Kumho MX's and Hankook Ventus RS-2's, the latter being my summer daily drivers, which I like alot.

The Avon M500 is a summer tire thats also pretty nice. In the summer league are also Kumho MX's and Hankook Ventus RS-2's, the latter being my summer daily drivers, which I like alot.
    reading comprehension check guys. go read my first post in this thread.

Dude the Kumho MX's kick ass, I personally know guys with $120k Porche's that use them. Yes some of Kumho's tires suck, but then MX's are hard to beat for the price, staying under an arm and a leg for each tire the only one that can keep up is the Hankook. I've personally driven cars equiped with both tires on race courses.

Dude the Kumho MX's kick ass, I personally know guys with $120k Porche's that use them. Yes some of Kumho's tires suck, but then MX's are hard to beat for the price, staying under an arm and a leg for each tire the only one that can keep up is the Hankook. I've personally driven cars equiped with both tires on race courses.
    super nice for u. like i said, KUMHO's are not ever being mounted on on my 19" forged multi-piece VOLK's... if all i can afford is KUMHO's then why in the world did i buy wheels at close to a grand a piece?. that's like me puting a walmart wristband on my ROLEX; no matter how well made and functional that walmart band is (and how many people you know that do it), it does not have any business being mounted on a watch like that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast