The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: read first post b4 voting please.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • TOYO PROXES 4

10 50.00%
  • NITTO INVO (winner)

7 35.00%
  • other

3 15.00%

Thread: getting new tires on saturday... updated w/ pics!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 103
    those nitto look pretty good, I would say the price is kinda high, but considering that you have a quality wheel, it makes no sense putting a cheap tire on it. You could probably look at the Continental Sport Contact 2. I'm pretty sure they were/are OEM on alot of BMWs (before the switch over to runflats) and alot of the BMW owners like them. I guess it really depends on your driving style. BTW the continentals are really plain in comparison, so they may be out too.
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

Quote Originally Posted by jusmills
    those nitto look pretty good, I would say the price is kinda high, but considering that you have a quality wheel, it makes no sense putting a cheap tire on it. You could probably look at the Continental Sport Contact 2. I'm pretty sure they were/are OEM on alot of BMWs (before the switch over to runflats) and alot of the BMW owners like them. I guess it really depends on your driving style. BTW the continentals are really plain in comparison, so they may be out too.
    Some on the Conti Sport Contact 2's and 3's are OE on Porsches.

Nice tires but they don't really hold a candle to the look of the Nitto INVOs or BFG KDWs.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Then try the Ventus RS-2's if you hate Kumho that much. The Hankooks have saved my ass on many occasions since the breakaway is so predictable and they just flat hook.

I guess I dont get what your saying with the price thing, are you looking for $400 a piece tires to go with your spendy rims or are you looking for good tires.

This is a '73 Porche 911 RS, and guess whats mounted on it, Kumho MX's. I've many a time been in that car just a couple feet from the wall at 160 mph, thier good tires.

I believe one of these are Continentals, but this is the kind of built Porche I often see and hang around with.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

i agree, u don't get it. the west coast is a long ways from kansas so maybe u guys don't do things the way we do it. the analogy w/ the watch and strap is just that, you don't throw off-brand tires on top shelf wheels just like u wouldn't put a cheap band on a ROLEX. your looking at this from a form follows function point of view... but maybe the functionof the tires is not just performance. and yeah, the 1980's porsche is nice and probably very fast, but kids in higschool drive nicer cars than that out here; we have different standards i guess. so anyways, nankangs, kumhos, hankooks, etc. are never going to be mounted on my VOLK's; they just don't belong together. korean girls are top shelf; korean tires are not. how else can i communicate this?

my car is not a race car, or even a performance car (although it does have a fully modified suspension, chasis bracing and I/H/E); my car is just plain and simply a toy for me to play with. i'm not racing it so i'm not gonna put cheap performance parts on my toy. almost everything on my car is top shelf... would you wear a nice taylored $2000 suit and then put on $20 PAYLESS shoes or a $20 house-brand shirt even if they do the job well cheaply? race/performance wise, yes, you use what is the best compromise between price and performance but lean as close to performance as possible; but having ur car parked VIP in the front of the CABANA CLUB, AREA, L.A.X., PRIVELEGE etc. you simply have to have NICE shit. my car always gets parked in front.

There are so many things wrong with this that I could point out but in the interest of brevity I'll cut to the chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    would you wear a nice taylored $2000 suit and then put on $20 PAYLESS shoes or a $20 house-brand shirt even if they do the job well cheaply?
    No, but neither would I put 4,000 dollar wheels on a 6,000 dollar car. I can understand the appeal in having a nicely kitted out ride but damn dude; that's just excessive.

the rest of this post, to me, read like:

u don't get it... west coast... ROLEX... VOLK's... VIP... CABANA ROOM, AREA, L.A.X., PRIVELEGE etc.
    I hate to break it to you but you asked about quality tires and got an educated answer. If you just wanted to rant about how VIP and ROLEX you are, you could have made a thread about that. To each their own I guess. I was gonna ask you about your exhaust tips but clearly they're too money for the likes of me.

P.S. If you live somewhere that's got high school kids driving nicer cars than that porsche, how is it that your car always gets parked out front?

Quote Originally Posted by darkbane
    There are so many things wrong with this that I could point out but in the interest of brevity I'll cut to the chase.

would you wear a nice taylored $2000 suit and then put on $20 PAYLESS shoes or a $20 house-brand shirt even if they do the job well cheaply?
    No, but neither would I put 4,000 dollar wheels on a 6,000 dollar car. I can understand the appeal in having a nicely kitted out ride but damn dude; that's just excessive.
    excessive in your estimation maybe, but then again, i don't really care about your estimation. i didn't build this car to make you happy. suffice that my values (and budget) obviously don't coincide with yours. to me there is no point in half stepping. like i said, it's just a toy. if i wreck it or lose it, i'll just buy another car and start over. and for the record the car is probably worth much less than $6,000.00 (even with over $30,000.00 in modifications) but thank you for the flattery. if i was interested in making a good investment with this car, i would never have touched a thing and kept it stock. please don't hate because you wouldn't do it. that's the whole point; i would and did.

the rest of this post, to me, read like:

u don't get it... west coast... ROLEX... VOLK's... VIP... CABANA CLUB, AREA, L.A.X., PRIVELEGE etc.
    this is southern california. if you don't live here there is a chance you won't ever get it (unless u are from miami). we don't think the same as the rest of the country. i'm not just halfway an asshole, i'm a complete asshole.

I hate to break it to you but you asked about quality tires and got an educated answer. If you just wanted to rant about how VIP and ROLEX you are, you could have made a thread about that. To each their own I guess. I was gonna ask you about your exhaust tips but clearly they're too money for the likes of me.
    i hate to break it to you but you need to read. in my very post of this thread it said not to mention cheap off-brands like kumho etc... the title of the poll even directs you to read the first post before posting or voting. my question and poll were not about which is the "best tire for the money" or "what is the best performance tire", the poll was pretty much which tire would look the best on my car. the ROLEX example was to make it clear why the cheap tires were out of the question. btw, the tips were $250.00, were for the 35th anniversary SLP camaro SS, and are discontinued. the exhaust was around $1,300.00 total from the cats back, parts and labor.

P.S. If you live somewhere that's got high school kids driving nicer cars than that porsche, how is it that your car always gets parked out front?
    duh, highschool kids don't go to nightclubs. too easy.

btw, u r new here so i'm going easy on u.

i can picture you non-big city guys if you ever visit foot into SoCal or even NYC. eyes would be as big as saucers when you see how people flaunt their money here. and then you would start hating on everyone cuz of the excessive display of money

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    i can picture you non-big city guys if you ever visit foot into SoCal or even NYC. eyes would be as big as saucers when you see how people flaunt their money here. and then you would start hating on everyone cuz of the excessive display of money
    Wtf are you talking about bro? I live not 20 minutes from you. I sit in traffic behind maseratis too.

Do they magically lose those cars when they turn 21?

Don't misunderstand. I'm not hating; I just don't care about your lifestyle. If all you want is to get noticed then get the continental contact 2. Continental is a super well known name. They're also rated for 220 mph so I don't imagine you'll have any performance issues. I also like the way the sidewall looks although the tread pattern isn't overly ornate.

Wtf are you talking about bro? I live not 20 minutes from you. I sit in traffic behind maseratis too.

Do they magically lose those cars when they turn 21?

Don't misunderstand. I'm not hating; I just don't care about your lifestyle. If all you want is to get noticed then get the continental contact 2. Continental is a super well known name. They're also rated for 220 mph so I don't imagine you'll have any performance issues. I also like the way the sidewall looks although the tread pattern isn't overly ornate.
    if u didn't care you would never have posted a hater response. deep down u r a hater and haters live their lives miserable because they don't get to do all the things they want. your situation is not my problem so why are u so concerned with mine?

continentals are great tires but are pretty plain jane looks wise and my car never goes over 100mph anymore so i'll pass on the conti's. also i think u read too much into my decision proccess. this is not a life altering decision for me since i'll be getting new tires in a few months again anyway so it's not like i really care. if this was the biggest decision of my lilfe then my life would be pretty empty. this is my hobby and this is my toy.

o yeah, and how does my car get parked in front? i tell the valets to park it in front and i give them cash to make sure it's done. if u haven't figured it out yet, cash makes the world go round and tax free income is always appreciated by those in the service industry. i don't mind paying extra for good service.

with all that said. a word from texas:

go with the INVO's they have a badass tread pattern and sidewall
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    with all that said. a word from texas:

go with the INVO's they have a badass tread pattern and sidewall
    yup, they're on order right now. they are so new nobody is stocking them especially in this size. i'll have them on next week and post pics. thanks!

if u didn't care you would never have posted a hater response. deep down u r a hater and haters live their lives miserable because they don't get to do all the things they want. your situation is not my problem so why are u so concerned with mine?
    The response was because you were being a particularly snide prick to gearhead. Maybe it was an error in judgement to pick a side, but I don't really give a shit. I hope you enjoy your nittos.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I dont classify any of the tires I've listed as particularly cheap or "off-brand" just because your average soccer mom hasnt heard of them doesnt make them off brand.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    I dont classify any of the tires I've listed as particularly cheap or "off-brand" just because your average soccer mom hasnt heard of them doesnt make them off brand.
    Kumho is definitely not a major brand with the likes of Michelin, Goodyear, or
    Continental.

They are good tires for the money, but I'd agree with Reelax. I wouldn't be stupid enough to put inexpensive tires on expensive wheels. Not that Kumho is bad, but if I spent $4000 on some nice Volk, Savini, or other high end wheel you can sure as heck bet its going to get nothing less than a top shelf Goodyear or Michelin tire.

His analogy makes perfect sense to me and I always cringe when I have people who drive nice BMWs, Mercedes, Audi's and the like who want cheap tires on their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    are you kidding?

The response was because you were being a particularly snide prick to gearhead. Maybe it was an error in judgement to pick a side, but I don't really give a shit. I hope you enjoy your nittos.
    and it was your job to defend him? why because i said don't bother mentioning the cheap korean tires in the very first post (because i am not even considering them) then that's exactly he did, then he decided that defending them was going to make me change my mind (and is still defending his position)? you were so bold as to tell me that you would not do what i did and buy such expensive wheels for such a cheap car. you realize that means we are on completely different levels in this game, right? that also means your opinion basically does not have any weight on any of my decisions. i allready told you i was an asshole, but u keep telling me you don't give a shit... but not giving a shit means that you don't have to defend yourself either (since you're not supposed to give a shit)... but obviously u DO give a shit; or else you would have left it alone from the beginning. so yeah, i'll enjoy my NITTO's, and if i don't, i'll buy different tires... because when u actually don't give a shit, you don't have to tell people repeatedly that you don't give a shit.

and it was your job to defend him? why because i said don't bother mentioning the cheap korean tires in the very first post (because i am not even considering them) then that's exactly he did, then he decided that defending them was going to make me change my mind (and is still defending his position)? you were so bold as to tell me that you would not do what i did and buy such expensive wheels for such a cheap car. you realize that means we are on completely different levels in this game, right? that also means your opinion basically does not have any weight on any of my decisions. i allready told you i was an asshole, but u keep telling me you don't give a shit... but not giving a shit means that you don't have to defend yourself either (since you're not supposed to give a shit)... but obviously u DO give a shit; or else you would have left it alone from the beginning. so yeah, i'll enjoy my NITTO's, and if i don't, i'll buy different tires... because when u actually don't give a shit, you don't have to tell people repeatedly that you don't give a shit.
    Why are you still on this? Get over yourself.

Why are you still on this? Get over yourself.
    you opened ur mouth on something u r ignorant about, and kept on running it; i just helped shut it for u. and to think i helped u out before w/ some info out of kindess (so you wouldn't fuck up your car or waste money buying the wrong sizes) https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/vi...c.php?p=600607 ...

and then u come at me here like a bitch.

ungreatful ass. next time i'll keep it to myself and let u learn on your own.

i found this in this months issue of Sport Compact Car:

Picking the penny-pincher deal at Wal-Mart is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot. Nothing says more than rolling up with a brand new set of forged Volks alloys mounted with Nangkang grocery-getter tires.
    i had to double check the editor's name to see if it was Reelax.

i found this in this months issue of Sport Compact Car:

Picking the penny-pincher deal at Wal-Mart is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot. Nothing says more than rolling up with a brand new set of forged Volks alloys mounted with Nangkang grocery-getter tires.
    i had to double check the editor's name to see if it was Reelax.
    hahaha! what the hell do those guys that write magazines know? funny how they even used my examples... should i get royalties? then again i must have no idea what i'm talking about cuz i'm stupid enough to have a major magazine paraphrase me!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast