The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Laxin's Turbo Build

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 216
    Good info and thanks for helping out, but I am going to disagree about the wastegate. I have actually checked with my car running and the flapper stays open constantly with the actuator disconnected. Maybe you misunderstood and thought I meant not connecting the vacuum line because then you would be right about it staying closed. If you have any questions about anything feel free to pm me and good luck with your setup. :D

222whp/250wtq

I did misunderstand you. I thought you meant leaving the vacuum line disconnected, not actually disconnecting the actuator arm. Sorry for the confusion.

And I appreciate the offer for help. I'm kind of the 'figure it out on my own' type, but sometimes that involves asking questions. The turbo setup on my Galant won't be done for a little while as I have my hands full with my Talon for now. But it will get done... eventually.
    B-Man
    91 Talon AWD
    01 Galant ES

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ive gotten 1psi once without my wastegate accuator arm connected. It was slow! lolz.
    7g for life!

Yeah I still don't know how much i'm boosting at the moment, most of the time I drive I don't even push it enough to get into the boost but it still pulls a lot stronger than when I was NA.

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Get a boost gauge...even those "Faze" gauges from Autozone will do. Its good that you aren't getting on the car, but its always good to know what max boost you are at.

How are you liking the feel that forced induction gives you? I bet you are enjoying it..just be careful, there are times when you get that "itch" to open the car up. :twisted:

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Yeah boost gauge is on the way shortly but I might just get a cheap ass one for the time being. It's definitely hard having the discipline to not stomp the gas but I really want to wait til I have my wideband installed and can get it tuned in right. :evil:

222whp/250wtq

Autozone should carry an Autometer boost gauge.
    7g for life!

Autometer Boost Gauge installed, the highest i've seen so far is 3 PSI and I refuse to push it any harder until everything is tuned in properly.

222whp/250wtq

polish/ clean your intercooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

engine bay pics or ban

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Not the best pics but I'll probably go snap some more tomorrow during the day.

And here's a little clip of how the exhaust sounds for now.

222whp/250wtq

looks bad ass keep up the good work

tips:
    >don't run any plumbing over the charge pipes(most people are looking souly for the turbo components when they see your bay, so these things take away from your main attractions.)
    >your bov line..... run it under the intake manifold so its completely out of site. either drop it through a gap between the runners, or go completely under the manni so this line totally dissapears.

> your breather line.... drop it straight down from the nipple. send it straight down to right next to the axle boot or differential.

> get a BRAND NEW OEM pcv valve. the pcv holding a proper seal under boost will decrease blow by, as well as a massive boost leak. this will give you better spool and more top end.

>run the throttle cable under the upper charge pipe.

>your radiator ovefclow hose is out of control.
    run it under the upper radiator hose, and use the hose guides built into the radiator.

> your t-bolt clamps,
    turn them so that on top is jsut smooth metal, and the actualy bolt is underneath out of plain site. will give a nice clean look.

not criticising,
    just throwing some helpful tips yoru way to clean up that engine bay.

congrats

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

so post up a list of your complete setup,,,im am interested in the exact fueling you used..PM me if u want
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Looks solid, needs some cleaning up though :)

John posted some good tips :)
    7g for life!

nice

i like the set up but u can work on getting more pictures. my galant has a t-25 tubro rite now, im goin wit the big 16g turbo to soo ill be posting some pictures if you guys need them.

Re: nice

Quote Originally Posted by galant3333
    i like the set up but u can work on getting more pictures. my galant has a t-25 tubro rite now, im goin wit the big 16g turbo to soo ill be posting some pictures if you guys need them.

What??

Why would you want more pictures of my setup if you already have a turbo galant?

222whp/250wtq

Update:

FINALLY got my injectors installed, so i'm finally running rich, so I can finally get on the boost, so I finally hit 8psi ......... Holy Mother of God I can't even describe it right now. I can't wait until I get this baby tuned in properly. :twisted:

EDIT: A quick compilation of a few runs made today with the help of glantv699.

222whp/250wtq

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    this car moves boys and girls...
    congrats again Joe

one day, I'll get a real camera

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

That is T-I-T-S!

BIG ones too... :smt023

Nice setup. Exactly what I've been researching too. :mrgreen:

The only thing stopping me from beginning my collection of parts is exactly how the IC piping is setup. Looks like a series of 90deg and straight aluminum pipes with couplers for the upper. What about the lower?
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast