The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Laxin's Turbo Build

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 216
    Ok so I had the G on the jack today and I was poking around underneath looking for oil leaks to see if it was all being lost through the turbo and I noticed that my return line has a nasty ass kink in it that restricts it to about half the flow it is supposed to have. I don't know if this is because i am running a small 16G or not but there is a weirdly complex angle to the return line due to the outlet on the turbo being in a weird sport compared to the tap on the oil pan. :? Also the pushlock lines don't have very good flexibility which i'm sure didn't help the situation. Goddamn pushlock lines!! For those of you that don't know much about turbos, the return lines are gravity fed and that's why they are much larger in diameter than the feed lines. This usually allows it to drain off all the necessary oil but with half the return line blocked off like mine is, it more than likely is backing up to the point that the oil is being forced through the seals in the turbo. Anyway I am now waiting on a stainless braided line that which should take care of this problem.

Moral of the story: Don't be a complete fucking moron and jump to conclusions without checking for the easy solutions. :oops:

... I will still be upgrading turbos but after reviewing some more compressor maps, I have most likely decided to go with either a 50 trim ball bearing or a gt3076r.

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    Ok so I had the G on the jack today and I was poking around underneath looking for oil leaks to see if it was all being lost through the turbo and I noticed that my return line has a nasty ass kink in it that restricts it to about half the flow it is supposed to have. I don't know if this is because i am running a small 16G or not but there is a weirdly complex angle to the return line due to the outlet on the turbo being in a weird sport compared to the tap on the oil pan. :? Also the pushlock lines don't have very good flexibility which i'm sure didn't help the situation. Goddamn pushlock lines!! For those of you that don't know much about turbos, the return lines are gravity fed and that's why they are much larger in diameter than the feed lines. This usually allows it to drain off all the necessary oil but with half the return line blocked off like mine is, it more than likely is backing up to the point that the oil is being forced through the seals in the turbo. Anyway I am now waiting on a stainless braided line that which should take care of this problem.

Moral of the story: Don't be a complete fucking moron and jump to conclusions without checking for the easy solutions. :oops:

... I will still be upgrading turbos but after reviewing some more compressor maps, I have most likely decided to go with either a 50 trim ball bearing or a gt3076r.
    thanks for the post, this is kinda like a "heads-up" for me to watch for these problems when i redo my oil system during my build. i'm planning on ordering steel braided lines, but i have to find out the angle and fitting for my lines in comparison to the tap on the oil pan.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Well I found a deal I couldn't refuse so I picked up a Bullseye 50 trim today. Comes with a 38mm internal gate, ceramic coated compressor housing and a jet hot coated cast stainless steel turbine housing. This will be getting installed next weekend when Proto comes up for the wrench day meet. :twisted:

Here's a few pics for you guys:

222whp/250wtq

great deal laxin!!! :smt023
    i hope to be there as well on the 15th

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Sweet. Thats a crazy looking exhaust housing haha.
    7g for life!

with that housing.......

1: get a tap and die set.
    2: use brand new OEM(don't use arp just don't do it.. they'll snap) turbo bolts and o2 bolts. with two oem spring washers(jsut like factory) and torque them to spec.
    3: every time you take those bolts out..... chase the threads of the housing with the tap, and chase the threads of the bolt with the die.
    4: use ultra high temp antisieze coating on the threads of the bolts.
    5: if you don't do steps 1-5 with that turbine hosing.... you WILL have broken off bolts in your turbine housing..... resulting in expensive machine work and/or you buying a new housing.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    with that housing.......

1: get a tap and die set.
    2: use brand new OEM(don't use arp just don't do it.. they'll snap) turbo bolts and o2 bolts. with two oem spring washers(jsut like factory) and torque them to spec.
    3: every time you take those bolts out..... chase the threads of the housing with the tap, and chase the threads of the bolt with the die.
    4: use ultra high temp antisieze coating on the threads of the bolts.
    5: if you don't do steps 1-5 with that turbine hosing.... you WILL have broken off bolts in your turbine housing..... resulting in expensive machine work and/or you buying a new housing.
    Thanks John, I was going to ask you if you had any issues with your bullseye housing. I guess that answers my question though.

222whp/250wtq

nice joe, i'm almost ready too. almost.

come back down and we can go srt-4 hunting again

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    nice joe, i'm almost ready too. almost.

come back down and we can go srt-4 hunting again
    Yeah and this time I won't have to be the one trying to reel him in. :P

222whp/250wtq

Alright well I am finally finished installing the 50 trim. Everything is up and running solid so after a short break in i'll let you guys know how the turbo does. And no I don't have any pics yet but I will try to get some up soon.

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Congrats. Pics and vids are a must! I need a new setup so I can go Z06 hunting lolz
    7g for life!

Good job!!! get those pics up ASAP :D

great to hear you go it in a running good... looking forward to pics and vids lol
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Alright well I am finally finished installing the 50 trim. Everything is up and running solid so after a short break in i'll let you guys know how the turbo does. And no I don't have any pics yet but I will try to get some up soon.
    glad to hear you're in business dude....now these pics/vids, is that where I come in? haha

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699
    glad to hear you're in business dude....now these pics/vids, is that where I come in? haha
    Either you or Reggie when I go help him install his FMIC. 8)

222whp/250wtq

Sweeeet! I definatly want to see what changes in boost responce you got from the 50 trim compaired to the stock compressor.

Feed my eyes some pictures.

Oh, and merry christmas to you and your very beautyfull family! :D

Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1
    Sweeeet! I definatly want to see what changes in boost responce you got from the 50 trim compaired to the stock compressor.

The 16g was fully spooled around 2800 rpm and the 50 trim from what I can tell so far spools by right around 3500 but I have yet to actually try to wind it out since it's still being broken in.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

222whp/250wtq

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1

The 16g was fully spooled around 2800 rpm and the 50 trim from what I can tell so far spools by right around 3500 but I have yet to actually try to wind it out since it's still being broken in.

Merry Christmas to you as well.
    That's a heck of a gift! Good work and get some videos once it's broken in.

good work joe, you can bet i'm gonna see it.

and merry christmas

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Ok Blah blah blah .... reupdate ... running good at 10 psi .... pulls strong .... great topend ... spins first AND second ... clutch just started slipping :?

222whp/250wtq

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast