The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Laxin's Turbo Build

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 216
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Really? What clutch do you have? Im rocking the $80 OEM Exedy for a 2g(Probably same p/n for a 7g) and it doesnt slip at 22psi on a 14b. Ive had this clutch since February '07 without issues.

Thats if you need a cheap fix(Think I paid $86 locally for clutch disc and pressure plate).
    7g for life!

It's the stock replacement, been on the car for over 80,000 miles though.

222whp/250wtq

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    maybe if you didn't go around beating up on 8G's your clutch would show you more love

sounds like seth has a good replacement plan, just hit that up

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Cry baby......

222whp/250wtq

you love the way my clutch feels, time to get it yourself

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Yeah I do. Which one is it exactly Chris? Also if my clutch gives out before I'm done building my new motor I'll probably go the route Seth did since I won't have the money for an upgraded clutch.

P.S. There might be a video or two popping up in the next week.... If George isn't too embarrassed to post them. :P

222whp/250wtq

man turbo is the way to go!! and not to mention twin turbo even better!!

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    Yeah I do. Which one is it exactly Chris? Also if my clutch gives out before I'm done building my new motor I'll probably go the route Seth did since I won't have the money for an upgraded clutch.

P.S. There might be a video or two popping up in the next week.... If George isn't too embarrassed to post them. :P
    i got the fidanza 2.1 clutch kit it's good to 300hp got it from here
    http://www.ultrarev.com/product.php?productid=35050

and i got the fidanza 8lb flywheel too but cannot remember where i got it from i had got everything for like $420 shipped

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior

i got the fidanza 2.1 clutch kit it's good to 300hp got it from here
    http://www.ultrarev.com/product.php?productid=35050

and i got the fidanza 8lb flywheel too but cannot remember where i got it from i had got everything for like $420 shipped
    I'll probably get the 3.2 if I get it. The slipping isn't bad though. So far it only slips in 2nd at WOT once it hits boost, no other time. Oh well, I'll live.

222whp/250wtq

wow i wonder what that feels like compared to mine. when i start making more power i'll change the disk

Ok so as a birthday present I think i'm going to go get some dyno time next week. Plus I only have one month left to make sure everything is legal for emissions.

222whp/250wtq

im hoping after my refund comes in, i'll be able to finish up my build and go to a dyno as well.
    let us know how it comes out 8)

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Alright so if funds permit I might be going to the dyno ...
    Last edited by laxinwarrior; 02-05-2008 at 10:26 AM

222whp/250wtq

Next project coming up is going to be the ecu swap. Quick question, Seth how much of a pain was it to wire in the 2g CAS? The reason I ask is because I still haven't been able to find anyone that has swapped ecu's in a galant while staying SOHC. I know the 2g spyder guys have done the swap without problem so i'm sure it can be done. Either way i'll be going over the wiring diagrams and will post up anything I find and if need be do a writeup on the swap or confirm if it is the same as the swap to the DOHC CAS.

222whp/250wtq

Ok, here's what I found so far:

4g64 from syder with CAS:

4g64 from galant with distributor:

Sorry for the big ass pic ... Don't know how to resize it.

Anyone feel like helping me brainstorm?

222whp/250wtq

WarmAndSCSI
    Hey, if the bolt pattern and the key on the end of the camshaft are the same, you're all set. I would just unbolt your distributor and find out.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Shouldnt be a problem, I think Tom here is going to try it. The 7g and 2g Spyder head should be the same. Swapping ECUs for me wasnt too bad, just follow JiPs tutorial.
    7g for life!

this is way off topic and such a noob question but is it true that the 2000 ecu is not flashable ???

thanks and sorry for my question but u guys are the experts and I just wanna know
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    this is way off topic and such a noob question but is it true that the 2000 ecu is not flashable ???

thanks and sorry for my question but u guys are the experts and I just wanna know
    I'll answer your question, but not before pointing out that Laxin doesn't even OWN an 8G...

The 1999-2000 ECU is indeed not flashable at this point.

I have absolutely no experience with the 8g ecu's but from everything i've been told the 99-00 ecu's are not able to be flashed. Not too sure on the 01 and I think the 02-03 can be. Anyone with an 8g can give you better info though.

Back on topic: ( I really hope I don't jinx myself again.) Car is getting on the dyno friday at 4:30.

And since no one has posted this up yet, i'll do it for myself:

Edit: Damn you TJ I was trying to be smart.:p

222whp/250wtq

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast