The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Laxin's Turbo Build

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 216
    warning issued for off topic banter.

lets get back on topic.

laxin's turbo build.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

hey Joe, i'll run up to the JY this week and pull the CAS off a 2g Spyder and pull the distrib outta one of the 7gs, i'll take pics and everything

ok I really didnt know I was gonna get a warning for this I apologize for this

and thank u guys for the answer and good luck on the dyno Laxin, can't wait to see ur numbers

p.s. warm I know that Ladin has a 7g not an 8g
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

are you still gonna dyno with the joe tune?

so you are trying to ditch the gen2 and run the eclipse ecu or run both?

keep us updated, if this works i may have a solution for my management on my turbo set up

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

it woudl be best to run gen2 and an eclipse ecu.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    are you still gonna dyno with the joe tune?

so you are trying to ditch the gen2 and run the eclipse ecu or run both?

keep us updated, if this works i may have a solution for my management on my turbo set up
    Ill be sticking with the gen2 as well but want the knock control and fuel and timing maps from the turbo ecu. I installed my wideband last weekend so I am actually able to tune it in now.

And I don't see why it won't work, the 2g spyder guys have been running the turbo ecu on the 4g64 for a few years now. The only difference between the two is the distributor on the galant. I just haven't seen anyone try it yet, that's all.

222whp/250wtq

if you need help we can make a mini meet

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Mini meet could be fun ... But would you really want to drive all the way up here just to watch me cut and splice a bunch of wires? :p

222whp/250wtq

you know it's an excuse, last time i was there the turbo project was being a pain in the dick

Hey Laxinwarrior, How much did you put in to that turbo build? All parts?

I couldn't say, I haven't really kept a running total or anything but if I had to guess I would say around 3 grand. Not including any other mods either.

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior View Post
    Next project coming up is going to be the ecu swap. Quick question, Seth how much of a pain was it to wire in the 2g CAS? The reason I ask is because I still haven't been able to find anyone that has swapped ecu's in a galant while staying SOHC. I know the 2g spyder guys have done the swap without problem so i'm sure it can be done. Either way i'll be going over the wiring diagrams and will post up anything I find and if need be do a writeup on the swap or confirm if it is the same as the swap to the DOHC CAS.
    I will be doing the ecu swap in the next couple days. I will be staying SOHC and using a 2.4 Spyder cas housing, cas, and cas pickup cylinder, and 2g coil packs and power transistor. After studying the schematics for the 2g eclipse and the 7g, here is what I came up with as far as wiring.

CAS wiring:

Pin 1: 12volts - Black/red at dist (5 pin plug)
    Pin 2: Signal wire - Brown/green at dist (5pin plug)
    Pin 3: Ground - Black wire at dist (5 pin plug)

Power Trans Wiring:

Pin 1 and 8: Coil Pack Outputs
    Pin 2: Pin 23 (2g ECU)
    Pin 3: Ground - Black wire at dist. (5 pin plug)
    Pin 4: White Wire at distributor (2 pin plug) - tach signal (Pin 58-2g ECU this wire is moved from Pin 31 on 7g)
    Pin 6: Black/white wire at distributor (2 pin plug) - 12volts - also goes to coil packs
    Pin 7: White wire at distributor (5 pin plug)

Knock Sensor:

Signal: To Pin 78 (2g ecu)

ECU:

ECU power: Tap an ignition signal wire and run to pin 82
    Knock LED: Run wire to pin 11 of ecu. (Optional, but I like to see knock. If doing this look up knockled on vfaq.com)

ISC:

Still haven't decided what I am going to do here since I am not swapping tb. I have a 2g isc, but not sure if it fits

Thanks a lot man, you just saved me a few hours of going over pinouts and diagrams. :) As far as the 2g isc, I don't know if it will work on the stock TB. I know the TPS is completely different though.

222whp/250wtq

Well, I attempted to do the swap this evening with no luck. The end of our cam isn't threaded, so the cas cylinder won't bolt up. Not only that, but the part of the cas cylinder that meshes with the cam is a little too large. I was very discouraged, but i will take another crack at it shortly. I am going to drill and tap the cam and grind down the cas cylinder so it will fit in the end of the cam. The only other options are to source a Spyder cam, or modify the cas plate in the dist to output 2 pulses. This would require welding on another tab to the plate. If the drilling, threading, and grinding doesn't go as planned, this will be my next option.

222whp/250wtq

WarmAndSCSI
    Good deal! Now just cam that sumbitch to flatten that torque curve.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    yey! 220whp!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Very nice numbers on the dyno Laxin! How much boost were you running on those numbers?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

10 psi

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Nice..what was your A/F ratios?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast