The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brittle wiring harness connectors?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Brittle wiring harness connectors?

Has anyone else noticed a problem with their wiring harness connectors being exceptionally brittle? When doing a compression test recently, I removed the connector to the distributor and it shattered in my hand. I called the dealer and they said it was a non-servicible part...junkyard was my only option. I checked my local junkyard and out of 5 galants there, 4 of them had crushed/broken connectors for the distributor. Luckily one was still good. I was just wondering...
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Its plastic..so over time they will tend to become brittle especially with all the heat and other enviroment exposure they go through. This is why when I do go to the junk yard I always cut off connectors as spares. I have a box of connectors just in case in the future.

Though technically connectors aren't servicable...BUT usually Denso makes most of the Japanese wiring components and some dealers do have access to getting just connectors if they really wanted to. I work for a GM dealer and some connectors are "Non Serviceable" in the parts catalog, but there is a AC delco extra source catalog we have and list a bunch of 1-13 pin cavity connectors and plugs direct from AC delco

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo