The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is .70TR a bit overkill?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    8G_GTZ

Is .70TR a bit overkill?

I found a used T4 .70TR for sale from a guy I know here at the Auto Zone by my house. If it needs rebuild, then thats cool, when thats done, it will still be cheaper than buying it brand new. I've got my forged internals coming along with the cam from Ripp.

Just wondering if that was a bit overkill on the motor?

Also, what would be the recommended inj size and fuel pump size?

Finally, what management system/software should I go with?

Much appreciated, Steve

thats overkill..
    go ahead and ship it to me and i will take care of it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Is it a straight T4? What is it off of. Need more info. Injectors are different for a v6 then 4cyl, it all depends on what boost you are wanting to run.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I've never heard of a .70TR

Get some pics of this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

.70 is going to be big. I dont even know if your v6 would be sufficent. What turbo is Jetblack using? I wonder what the lag time would be.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

8G_GTZ
    I don't know anything other than that. I'll stop by the AZ tomorrow to see if he is working or not, and if he is, then I will see if if I can look at it.

Experienced TGC Member
    DO NOT BUT IT!!!!

Don't bother with a used turbo. If your already spending the money on building up your motor (which I commend you for), then don't skimp out on the MOST important part of this whole project....the turbocharger itself.

Especially if you don't even know a single specification about it (e.g. .70TR actually means .70 AR....though we don't know which housing that refers to).

Since your already upgrading the engine, then I strongly suggest some sort of BB. Considering the platform I would consider the GT3782R, or the GT3576R.

BTW Do you already have a manifold setup, or do you plan to have one fabricated for you (pretty important)?

8G_GTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    DO NOT BUT IT!!!!

Don't bother with a used turbo. If your already spending the money on building up your motor (which I commend you for), then don't skimp out on the MOST important part of this whole project....the turbocharger itself.

Especially if you don't even know a single specification about it (e.g. .70TR actually means .70 AR....though we don't know which housing that refers to).

Since your already upgrading the engine, then I strongly suggest some sort of BB. Considering the platform I would consider the GT3782R, or the GT3576R.

BTW Do you already have a manifold setup, or do you plan to have one fabricated for you (pretty important)?

I'll design it and then have it fabbed up. I have guys that also have CAD that can fix the things that I do in my designs.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8G_GTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    DO NOT BUT IT!!!!

I'll design it and then have it fabbed up. I have guys that also have CAD that can fix the things that I do in my designs.
    Since you know some guys that work on CAD, see if they also have some experience with CFD. CAD is great and all, but when it comes to fluid flow, it is somewhat useless. The ideal approach [in this case] would be to design and test (via CFD simulation) manifold designs.

Either way, try to avoid using the existing design for the exhaust manifold if you can. Granted it will work, but the overall flow characteristics are absolutely trash. At the very least try to mimic something like this:
    http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread....ght=big+baller

8G_GTZ
    those designs look really good. I'm wondering if there will be enough room overall on the rear mani. to run it like that. I'll look today to see what kind of room I have to run this setup.

Steve