The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HU

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

HU

I have a 2003 the ES model does anyone know where to plug in the yellow and black wire(that controls the speedometer)? I didnt know what it went to when I installed a aftermarket HU and now my speedometer and odometer dont work. ANyone that has an aftermarket HU could look to see what that wire is connected to on yours and let me know!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    why would you touch that wire unless you hqve a nav system?

I got impatient and didnt wait for the wire harness to come and cut the wires on the factory connector and now I need to know where to hook this wire up at!

TGC Regular
    Thats strange. When I installed my first HU, I cut the stock harness and just connected the wires from the HU harness to the stock wiring, like the ACC, speakers battery and so on. So I dont know how you messed that up. The wires from the ODO or speedo should'nt even be with the wires that go to the radio.

Did you check to see if your blew a fuse?

yea it might just be the fuse
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Well.. off the top of my head yellow is illumination and black is ground.. you should have waited for the harness... patience makes things so much better

Ya i would say a fuse when i installed my Dual head unit i blew a fuse and couldnt get my panel dim to work on my speedo so just check your fuses